• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question.

Revven

FrankerZ
This is a completely situational question that I myself and probably other Wolf users do and also experience.

I don't know about you guys, but, when I'm not playing Wolf and I'm playing against a Wolf with say, Fox, I have difficulty approaching him. The one I was facing spams the blaster and when I reflect it with down B proceeds to do his Up B towards me having no time to block or get out of the way. Then I get led into the utimate annoyance from Wolf, sidestepping into Dsmash.

I managed to hold my own by NOT sidestepping but instead shielding it. Only downside is that when I let go of the shield to attack (and I'm facing the opposite direction away from him) he does it again (most likely C-sticked it). Anyway, my question is this, HOW the HELL are you supposed to get out of that situation when the only way to hurt'em is closing in on them and attacking if they're just going to sidestep your attack and then Dsmash?

In short, how are you supposed to counter the sidestep into Dsmash routine? I MUST KNOW. Even I use Wolf and do this but, don't know a way to counter it yet.

yuo

Smash Cadet
Why are you deliberately shielding Dsmash whenever you know it's coming? It pushes you too far back to shield grab punish (maybe you can get in a quick aerial from your shield though). If you dodge it, then there should be SOME lag between his 1st and second Dsmash giving you time to punish.
Also, if you know when the dodge-Dsmash-Dsmash sequence is coming, you can always shield the first smash, use the pushback to give you a little distance, and sit back and blaster him. He'll likely retaliate with a blaster shot or the reflector (or he'll close the distance). You can engage him in a mindgame if you can punish him everytime he uses that particular sequence.

Top Bottom