• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question w/ Recovery

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
I see some videos etc of ryu using his side special in a more side-diagonal direction (going up a bit alongside the regular horizontal recovery). How can I perform this? Sorry if this is a newbie question.

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
No, I'm not talking about dash-cancelled down-special. I'm talking about the forward special (hurricane kick?) Sorry if I wasn't specific enough :/

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
No, I'm not talking about dash-cancelled down-special. I'm talking about the forward special (hurricane kick?) Sorry if I wasn't specific enough :/
No, that was me not reading the question properly lmao.

I think it might have something to do whether or not you do the lighter version of side special.

Emphasis on might because I'm not 100% sure and can't test atm.

WD40

Smash Apprentice
NNID
adamwd
You need to be able to hit your jump button and special button almost immediately at the same time while performing side B. This will give you a diagonal hurricane kick. Pretty useful when recovering low to get to the ledge. Makes it a lot harder for the opponent to punish you with a spike or something.

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! It seems to be it! Appreciate it guys :)

Top Bottom