• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question regarding stage-skin hacking

Ignacio

Smash Rookie
Hello, ive been learning how to texture hack melee stages for the past few days. Ive managed to succesfully replace some of the textures using the DAT Texture Wizard application, especially textures with the CMPR format. I did this following the texture tutorial made by DRGN. The problem i have is replacing textures with the 9 format. Examples of this are the hand sign in yoshis story or the fire/water/earth icons displayed on pokemon stadiums screen when the stage is transforming. When i replace these textures with a png of mine, the colors displayed ingame are awful. Ive tried using the PNG to TPL converter bat also found in the dat texture wizard installation folder, while naming the png appropiately (i.e. ending it with 9), however the result is the same. How can i change a _9 texture for an arbitrary png while mantaining the png colors

Top Bottom