• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question on True Combo/Potential True Combo

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
I have something I have recently stumbled upon playing one of my mains that I didn't know was a thing with Jigglypuff and have come to ask about it.

Whilst playing with my Friend on 3DS, I was doing my usual play, trying to get his Yoshi to be mincemeat when I happened to stumble across something peculiar.

I performed a Fair to Rest that I had originally believed to have been him missing his Tech. However I had kept on doing it, and doing it, and doing it.

After some thinking I decided to test it on AI. I first just chose any random Character. I chose Shulk first off. (3DS edition of the game) I increased his percent to 50% and tested this trick. And to my suprise out of a full hop of Shulk, it true combo'd the AI to death.

I then repeated this on Marth, Mewtwo, Kirby, Mario, Luigi, and Jigglypuff.

On Marth and Mewtwo, I could perform the rest out of a full hop, pushing them either off stage, or on stage. On Marth it killed around 50%. On Mewtwo at 39%.

When I tested it on the Mario Bros, It worked as a true combo whilst pushing them off the stage, however only out of a short hop, and it didn't kill.

On Jigglypuff, it worked off stage and killed out of a short hop, but not on stage.

On Kirby it ended up not True comboing through all my effort.

I then proceeded to check it on Captain Falcon, and while it true combo'd, it wouldn't kill him at all due to his fast fall nature.

I then figured that there was something going on with the taller characters hit boxes that allowed for the rest to hit the second before the hit stun ended.

I came to the thread to ask about on other Tall characters, and even smaller ones to see the usefulness of this Set up/True Combo.

This is all to gain the expertise of the community, as I have yet to know if it is true, so please provide feedback!
(Also please reply to me and tell me if this is already a thing as I don't know for sure...)
(Changed thread name if this is already common knowledge. ^^ Also sorry moderators if this doesn't belong here, I didn't know, plez don't hurt me. D:)

Last edited:

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
Posted already in the Rest Strategies thread.
Might wanna give that a read for more combos.
http://smashboards.com/threads/lull...ial-jigglypuff-rest-strategies-thread.396993/
Thank you for redirecting me, I just never i knew of this, and I figured getting more insight was a good option, however I didn't know it was common knowledge, so I changed the name to suit it. I was kinda scared cause I felt like people would chew me out for being blatant with the oid title. ^^

Top Bottom