• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question on controllers/USB adaptors

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I need to reinstall XP and get the vid drivers squared away before I even think about playing online, but I figured I might figure this out now:

1 - Which controller would you recommend for Smash 64 online?
An N64 one with a good joystick? Would a gamecube one work? an X box Controller S? just a PC gamepad?

2 - Are all N64/USB adaptors created equal or is there one that's better than the rest? What is a good price to pay for one?

Thanks in advance guys, I appreciate your help for a smash lover whos an emulation/online n00b!

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Which USB adaptor is the best - I hear some have lag...
Or does it not matter? (my motherboard ports are USB 1.1 not 2.0)

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I don't think adaptor lag has been confirmed. Just get a standard PSX/N64 adaptor off ebay. They cost about 10 bucks.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
if you prefer the feel of one of the other controllers, pick that type, if you want to practice if you are going to a smash tournament (ssb) pick the n64 one

I'll probably get both the n64 and the gamecube, the n64 for going to tournaments, and the gamecube for the feel of the controller

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I don't like the GameCube controller, its L and R buttons act as sliders and don't respond as well as I'd like when Z-canceling.

Top Bottom