• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question concerning DI

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
When trying to alter your direction is it best to tap on the c-stick and analong stick, hold them both in the desired direction or hold one and tap the other? which ever the answer can you hold/tap in both directions and have it be double the input or would it cancel into a neutral position? Can you do half, quature and full circle DI by rotation the C-stick accordingly? iv been trying to figure this out and help would be much appreciated.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
I'm also not quite sure how DI works, so the info I'm gonna give you is based on experience. Mostly, by being blown by smart-bombs so many times. There isn't many info about DI anywhere...

When I'm stuck in a smart-bomb explosion, I usually try to DI upwards. I do this by alternating between mashing the analog and C-stick up, one at a time, but fast. Sometimes, specially if my fingers aren't ready to tap that fast, I just go around performing short quarter-circles on the upper part of the analog stick and C-stick. Sometimes I do both in the same DI attempt.
It... works, but it's not all that effective. I guess it's because I don't try to DI too hard (I'm playing with items - I really can't be bothered to win, just to have fun).

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You hold the analog stick in one direction and tap the c-stick in another.

There are videos on how to DI by VGBC to show you what I mean.
Also, thank god this forum is turning less irritating with all this smash 4 prediction crap, lol.

Here's the video I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNe3aR5bGc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hopefully, y'all will learn a thing or two.

BSP

Smash Legend
Watch what Vinyl linked, and the only time you need to hold a direction is when you're trying to affect your launch direction. Tapping is mostly for escaping multi-hit moves, but you can also use it to give yourself a more favorable position before you begin flying from an attack.

Top Bottom