• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about ZSamus's dair

J-mar

Smash Rookie
I apologize in advance if this has been posted but sometimes when I do ZSamus's dair she floats in the air instead of doing the kamikaze death drop. I noticed that the move still spikes people down but she continues to float for a good amount of time. I've tried tapping up when I start it and other things but I don't know how to consistently do it. Has anyone come across this or know of a way to work this?

tisthemorning

Smash Rookie
I have the same question too. Why is it fast sometimes, and really really really slow at others?

DashNoob

Smash Cadet
I think it depends on height. Like say, if you do it in your first jump, the attack is fast overall, but if you do it after 2 jumps+Down B it starts fast but then it gets slow.

Not really sure, just saw it a couple of times since I dont use it that much cuz of its overall landing lag.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Characters that have spike d-airs (Link, Toon Link, ZSS, Sheik, etc.) have a momentum based drop associated with them. If you're flying upwards with a relatively high velocity, the force behind your d-air has to work against it, thus slowing it down.

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
Characters that have spike d-airs (Link, Toon Link, ZSS, Sheik, etc.) have a momentum based drop associated with them. If you're flying upwards with a relatively high velocity, the force behind your d-air has to work against it, thus slowing it down.
yeah momentum based drop, in simpler terms if someone hit you up and you were at a relatively high percentage, when you do it to try to get back down you wont kamakazi drop but float for about two and a half seconds and then the moves over

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
yea its the same thing with Sonic and ToonLink -its just what thenightmaren said

Eten

Smash Ace
Has anyone actually put this to use for surviving? ZSS is on the lighter side of things, and I get nailed upwards at times. In brawl, you can break the tumble fast at even high %, I find you can do it most reliably with an airdodge. Is it possible to break the tumble animation quickly enough to turn around and use the Dair to cancel as much of the momentum as possible, greatly slowing her ascent for survival? I've honestly never tried, although I should have by now.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Has anyone actually put this to use for surviving? ZSS is on the lighter side of things, and I get nailed upwards at times. In brawl, you can break the tumble fast at even high %, I find you can do it most reliably with an airdodge. Is it possible to break the tumble animation quickly enough to turn around and use the Dair to cancel as much of the momentum as possible, greatly slowing her ascent for survival? I've honestly never tried, although I should have by now.
I've had the same notion, and have even done this once or twice. It's pretty useful, actually.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Yea, I'm actually using this when being sent flying upward, but I'm not sure wether or not it's that helpful. Doesn't hurt doing it tho :p

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
1) The dair is still affected by momentum. If you get sent flying upwards and use dair, you won't fly down as fast.

2) If you get sent flying up fast enough with a low hitstun attack, you can use dair to stay in place in midair, or even fly upwards while using the dair.

3) You can use this to save yourself from upward kill attacks. As long as the hitstun of the attack you're being hit with is low enough, you can use your dair to lose upward momentum, and save yourself.

4) You should never attempt to spike with the dair, it's more like a recovery move for upward kill attacks.

5) Even if you do manage to spike with the dair, it's only a meteor and can be meteor canceled. You will always die first if you manage the spike.

6) Spike with B-down, or footstool with B-down. It's much more effective. B-down footstools gives you extremely good aerial mobility and distance compared to that of a normal footstool.

Top Bottom