• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about run off up B to the ledge...

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
You use the up-B out of dash's momentum to glide off the ledge...
it's performed by dashing thowards the ledge and pressing up B immediately before falling off

Take my words with a grain of salt but as far as I know it's not that useful - there are quicker ways to grab the ledge and better ways to edgeguard your opponent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQUYsm2mFUM#t=85

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
You use the up-B out of dash's momentum to glide off the ledge...
it's performed by dashing thowards the ledge and pressing up B immediately before falling off

Take my words with a grain of salt but as far as I know it's not that useful - there are quicker ways to grab the ledge and better ways to edgeguard your opponent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQUYsm2mFUM#t=85
Thanks, what quicker way is there to grab the ledge in this game?

In Project M you can turn around wavedash back during a run onto the ledge thanks to RAR properties from Brawl. You can't do this in Melee.

I guess you could short hop, turn around needle cancel but I feel this might be just as fast as this method.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Thanks, what quicker way is there to grab the ledge in this game?

In Project M you can turn around wavedash back during a run onto the ledge thanks to RAR properties from Brawl. You can't do this in Melee.

I guess you could short hop, turn around needle cancel but I feel this might be just as fast as this method.
The UpB glide to ledge is indeed not the fastest way.
There are a couple different ones to choose from and in practice the UpB glide is actually fine in most cases.
If you really want to grab ledge ASAP then I believe WD out of a run, turn on the first actionable frame then WD back FF is the quickest.
Other, more practical, methods are: Walk turn WD Back FF*, Moonwalk FF or SH Needle turn FF.
*remember you enter Walk if you hold forward after a WD so in practice you can Run towards the ledge WD forward, hold forward, turn, WD back and Fast Fall to the legde.
The vast majority of Sheiks use the SH RNC (Reverse Needle Cancel). It is very sufficient and you can quickly DJ aerial or do an aerial directly out of it.
Lemme know if you need tips for any of those

Last edited:

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
If you really want to grab ledge ASAP then I believe WD out of a run, turn on the first actionable frame then WD back FF is the quickest.

Lemme know if you need tips for any of those
What is the quickest way to turn around out of a dash? Do you have to press down, like when you do an out of dash f-tilt?

Scroll

Smash Ace
What is the quickest way to turn around out of a dash? Do you have to press down, like when you do an out of dash f-tilt?
I might be misunderstanding your question. You can turn at any time you want during a Dash (You can actually turn on the second frame out of Dash. Any sooner than that and you will do a perfect Moon Walk) but as soon as you enter Run then you will be stuck and this is, I believe, what you are referring to.
I don't have 20XX Development Mode available to me atm so I can't tell you the exact frame data, but you basically have 3 options to turn around during a Run.
Let go and wait till Sheik enters Wait animation (slowest)
WD forward, backwards or in place then turn on the first actionable frame (14th I believe).
Or Run Crouch Turn, like you would for running Dsmash, Ftilt etc.

Last edited:

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
No you didn't misunderstand it - you answered it perfectly- thanks for that =)

I guess that just means more practicing.. ohboy..

Top Bottom