• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about pressing buttons...

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
I use mostly all the advanced techs and I'm pretty sure I'm not a noob.. but I was wondering if pressing buttons with the middle part of your thumb (the side of the middle part) makes you slower than pressing them with the tip of the thumb which most players do...

And does anyone else use the method of FLICKING the X button to SH rather than pressing it it fast/lightly... if so; can you guys do rising nairs perfectly (or close to that..)?

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
What this all relies on is personal preference. If someone (such as myself) flicks the X button to jump with the tip of the thumb, they're going to have to get used to doing rising n-airs.

Personal preference is the root to how all other techniques are learned and executed, if you know what I mean.

pirate-404

Smash Cadet
I can do rising N-airs just fine with the flicking method. The trick is to use the Z button, rather than the A button.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
^That works out really well. I "flick" my X button too, but I still manage to get to A in time

pirate-404

Smash Cadet
My fingers aren't that fast, so I tend to try to find other ways of pulling off otherwise difficult moves. Using the Z button for SHFFL'd D-airs is pretty difficult though. I mean, I can do it, but since I'm holding down while I'm doing it, I always miss the fast fall. I don't know if that's a big deal though.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
It works fine with the practice. I actually use the middle part of my thumb to SH with Y, and still manage to get to A just fine. The z pressing seems like a good idea too.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
To shffl nairs I just use the tip of my thumb to press Y and the middle of my thumb to hit A. You don't really have to move your thumb much, but it can be difficult to short hop rather than full jump. To shffl any other aerial I use the middle of my index on Y and thumb on C-stick. or I just use thumb for both Y and C-stick. I suggest doing it however feels comfortable like the other guys said. Practice it different ways to figure out which way you like. Personally I try to find the easiest way to do things so that I use the least amount of effort.

Top Bottom