• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about Pikachu's "Meteor Smash"

Osgiliath

Smash Apprentice
Hey All,

A move I definitely miss in Melee that is not in Brawl is Pikachu's Up Aerial. If hit just right, it will send an opponent to your 7 o'clock direction leaving them helpless if it was used as an edge guard tactic.

The Up-Aerial is a move I hardly use anymore since (at least to my knowledge) it no longer spikes in a down direction. Maybe I haven't found the move's sweetspot, or maybe they took it out all together?

Has this move been rediscovered in Brawl, or are all attempts to use this move futile?

It was also much easier to juggle with up Aerial for Pikachu as well. The move, as I see it, no longer has the kick it used to, it doesn't stun the opponent as long as in Melee or pushes the opponent.

Please tell me I'm an idiot and one of my favorite moves still exists in Pikachu's arsenal :ohwell:

Top Bottom