• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about Pikachu Amiibos

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
Hey! Just wondering about something for anyone out there who has a Pikachu amiibo.
My Pika Amiibo (Currently lvl 50) is incredibly hard to beat and is pretty well-balanced overall. I just have one problem: he uses Thunder(?) (Down Special) way too much.
I've 'restarted' his data on multiple occasions in an attempt to make his nasty overusage of this move go away, but no matter what I do the habit seems to come back. I use my own pikachu to train him, and hardly ever use the down special often. I used different approaches to training for every restart, (CPU Pikachu 1v1s, Free for all battles between the amiibos, just casual battles, and plain 1v1s against myself) and I would notice that before he hit lvl 30 there would be no problems with overusage, and then out of the blue, bam! I would start up again. I can't make it go away! I've replaced his Thunder with Thunderburst to see if he would use it less but it didn't seem to do anything. Does anyone else have this problem with their Pikachu amiibo or is it me failing to train him properly? XD
I've tried correcting this by punishing him after he did it, but with no avail. My other non-pikachu amiibos seem to have no problems with overusing certain moves and i'm pretty impressed by the variety of moves they use. It sorta bugs me that my favorite Amiibo is the only one I'm having problems with... ouo"
Any advice for fixing it? Anyone else having this problem? Any feedback is appreciated. @u@

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
First, all questions are usually asked in the Social thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/pikachu-social-thread-q-as-go-here.368773/
Second, yeah my Pikachu amiibo does that too. I never even taught him to do that, but I think that since I gave him the Smooth Lander bonus effect, which reduces landing lag, jumping and using Thunder is a pretty safe move for my amiibo, so it does it often. I haven't tried this yet, but my friend told me to avoid using Thunder at all when I fight it. Using other moves repeatedly will make the amiibo use those more often too. He also told me to try using characters like Rosalina and Falco in order to stop my amiibo's Thunder from being successful. That should have an effect on it too.
I hope this helped!
And if not, there's nothing wrong with spamming Thunder. :p

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
Thanks for the redirection, still poking around and making my bearings here ouo
Oh and okie! I guess it feels reassuring to know that it's not just my lil' dude that does it. XD
Thanks for the advice! I'll try it out and see if I can get him to stop. :3
X3

Top Bottom