• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about nair to down b combo

Klaster

Smash Rookie
Hi, I have never actually made a post on these forums cuz i tend to just read but I have seen a good bit about people doing combos starting with a nair followed by a down b which then leads into something like a fair. I cant seem to get off another attack after the down b. Is there something i should be doing to reduce lag after the down b or is it a timing issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
the down b into a forward smash is not a true combo. It won't work on a good player

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
your best bet is to probably just roll away from your opponent and laser, or roll towards them and then ftilt or fsmash. Doing fsmash immediately after down b B isnt gonna get you anything but a shiny brand new shield grab

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
to an fair yes, it prevents shield grab, and NO the lag is part of it, the down-b hit them, sends them back, you sh fair, if they shield it u go over them, with no landing lag u can grounddodge their punishment usu.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
if you sh fair with wolf, the landing has a decent amount of lag time before you can act again.

BlackYoshi7

Smash Apprentice
No, you're doing it wrong. Slide your thumb from the Y button to A almost immeadiately, you should cancel the lag by completing the attack while still in the air. If Wolf falls on his face, you aren't fast enough.

Top Bottom