• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about lag...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I've seen people mention lag when playing online...but what kind of lag do people experience?

Does the game freeze periodically? Or is it like playing on an HDTV, where everything is displayed a bit late? Or is it something else...just wondering

Moochero

Smash Cadet
The biggest thing I notice is input lag. Sometimes there is slowdown and little freezes, but it's mostly input lag.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have the freezes to be honest. At least I'd be able to land my hits every time. Is it really that big a deal?

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice
ive said tis a lot of times,"ive seen a video with America vs Japan vs Europe and it hardly had any lag."ok i said it again

i think the lag is just slow,like when u get the timer item,except everyone slowed down.it might freeze too.

Geop

Smash Cadet
ive said tis a lot of times,"ive seen a video with America vs Japan vs Europe and it hardly had any lag."ok i said it again
I've seen that video many times and I can't stand when people say that there was barely any lag.

That whole thing was laggy. That's the only reason why it doesn't seem noticeable.

If you watched a normal match then watched that, you could swear that they were playing Slo-mo Brawl.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I've seen that video many times and I can't stand when people say that there was barely any lag.

That whole thing was laggy. That's the only reason why it doesn't seem noticeable.

If you watched a normal match then watched that, you could swear that they were playing Slo-mo Brawl.
At the same time, that is probably the WORST a working connection can get though.
Thats 3 continents, all of very far lengths from each other, so the Pings were obviously through the roof, and the speed they were getting is a good thing, and they were still able to fight :p.
-DD

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice

how do ya know ya saw the same video as me?and when iwatched it again it does seem laggy actually.but you kinda cant tell it is.well,that is probably a good connection.only that laggy with those continents.

kellerdood32

Smash Cadet
then again none of us know wheter it was laggy or not, it couldve been so laggy that it took 1 minute for every attack to appear on screen and they just button mashed

Plaz

Smash Rookie
then again none of us know wheter it was laggy or not, it couldve been so laggy that it took 1 minute for every attack to appear on screen and they just button mashed
Absolutely. In order to be sure, we would have had to see their hands as well.

Top Bottom