• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about jc upsmash?

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
I’m just wondering what inputs should I use for jc upsmash? I’m having trouble getting it down.

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
There are a couple of schools of thought here. I tend to use the framing of returning the stick to neutral, and then up+a for a charge or up+c-stick up for no charge. This may be a quirk of how I hold my controller (I think people call it Colbol Claw or Left Claw usually) but this input has become absolutely trivial to me, and I have never missed JC up-smash to my recollection.

Flaccon

Smash Rookie
I think Leffen changes to claw for upsmash and uses Y + Cup. I have found consistency by casually pressing analog up and pressing both Y and A with my thumb. I roll it from above so that A registers a frame later than Y. Also my A button is shortened. I haven't seen anyone else do this but it works excellently. Not out of shield tho. This is only for running upsmash. I like Leffens method for upsmash out of shield.

Last edited:
Top Bottom