• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about adding Friend Codes and Wii Numbers

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Must both people be connected to the internet at the same time in order for both Wii Numbers and Brawl FC's to register?

I'm trying to co-ordinate a mass Replay dump onto my Wii from a ton of other people and I want to know if I can just register their Wii numbers and Brawl FC's and just wait around for them to register me without having to stay logged into Brawl wifi.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Yes, i recently added someone. We both did it at relatively the same time and the game registered our numbers really quickly. Actually the best way Vyse, for you to Replay dump, is for your friends to use an SD card. Theres a problem with sending RP data in that WifiConnect24 will only allow 3 RP to be sent every 24 hours. You'll be better off sending your RP data in the form of files to another persons computer then ultimately to their SD card<Wii.

Let me write up a how to list here since its kinda complex.

Alright so you got your Replay data do this;

Compressing RP data

1. Put all the Replays you want to send into the SD card.

2. Unplug the device from the Wii console.

3. Plug the SD card into the SD slot on your PC or Mac. If you do not have one, get a SanDisk ImageMate or something like it. Just make sure it takes SD cards.

4. The device should automatically generate its own window for you to view the files.

Click Private>wii>app>RSBE

Then you should see two folders;

AL - Screenshot Data

RP - Replay Data

Click on the RP folder

Assuming you have Winrar installed it should appear when you right click it.

If you do not have Winrar, you can get it here

5. It should put it in an archive like so;

6. Once its finished, you can save space on the card by deleting the rp folder, then create a new one or you can leave it alone. Up to you.

7. Drag drop the replay.rar[the file will look like a stack of books] onto your desktop.

8. From there you can send it via AIM/MSN to your buddies and friends.

Extracting RP data

Ok so your friend has the Replay data in the rar compressed format on his Mac/PC. Now what?

Since your computer cannot play the RP as a video file on a PC/Mac, you'll need the Wii AND a Brawl disc to play it for you. Your friend will also need a SD card and a SD card reader in order for him to transfer YOUR files to his SD card, so he can watch them inside his Wii.

** YOUR FRIEND ALSO NEEDS WINRAR IN ORDER TO EXTRACT THE FILES -- I already posted the link above but here it is again

1. Ok so your buddy has to go to his SD card.

Go to private>wii>app>RSBE>

2. Now you can right click the .rar file and extract to the rp folder inside the SD card. But i find it easier if you drag and drop the .rar file to the SD card THEN tell it to "extract here".

***WARNING: BEFORE YOU EXTRACT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR ORIGINAL RP FOLDER BACKED UP AS EXTRACTING FROM THIS FILE WILL REPLACE YOUR ORIGINAL RP FOLDER. THAT IS IF YOUR FRIEND DID NOT RENAME IT BEFORE HE/SHE COMPRESSED IT!!!!! THIS MEANS ANY RP DATA YOU MIGHT OF HAD IN YOUR ORIGINAL RP FOLDER WILL BE ERASED!!***

3. If done correctly the RP folder should be full of replay data;

4. Also make sure there is only TWO folders in RSBE, the al and rp folder;

Naming these folders to anything else will cause the Wii/Brawl disc to not read them so keep that in mind. Both folders must always be named al and rp in order for the brawl disc to recognize the folders and the files they contain.

5. Unplug the SD card from the PC/Mac.

6. Plug it into your Wii.

7. Load up brawl

8. Access the replay section of the brawl game disc.

MAIN MENU;

Select VAULT

REPLAYS

9. The Wii Console can store up to around 350 replays. THE WII CONSOLE REPLAYS WILL BE DISPLAYED *FIRST*

If you look at the screen you can see 3 options at the bottum;

ERASE
SD CARD SEND

Select SD CARD

10. The game will give you 3 prompts, the first thing the game auto selects is CHECK CONTENT, along with COPY, MOVE.

11. go ahead an CHECK CONTENT

And begin viewing all the replay data your friend sent.

Also during this demonstration, i did delete my old/original RP folder with its old contents after I compressed it all into .rar format. I did reextract everything back into RP and it looks like its working just as intended here on my Wii/Brawl disc. So this should work if you and your friends have the right equipment.

If you have any questions PM or post here. Hope this helps.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Thanks for that Royale. I actually figured that out myself, and would prefer it if the players I've been talking to were to do it that way, but a lot of them don't have SD cards and what not.

So instead they want to send them to me via Wifi.

It's actually possible to send more than 3 a day if you adjust the clock to move forward 24 hours each time you want to send a new batch.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Well whatever works for you. To be honest i use the SD card to archive all of my matches and put them on my PC. Saves me alot of room and such. I still think you should at least let them see this thread though. It would be so much less time consuming then the method you described. Since you'd have to continuously reset your Wii/Brawl disc. But thats just me though lol

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. Should keep this thread around just in case anyone else needs assistance with this. I can help trouble shoot if anything goes wrong. I'm always a AIM/MSN/PM away if ya need me.

Top Bottom