• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quarintine: A Thriller By Silent_Jester

Silent_Jester

Smash Journeyman
Amongest the darkest shadows everywhere and anywhe
QUARINTINE: BY SILENT_JESTER

CHAPTER ONE: Midnight

It was a silent evening. The streets empty, of course they were always empty. Ever since they came and wiped out all we had. What did we have? We had everything. We had nothing. We had life and death. We had all that was vital. Then they. They had everything. They had anything. They had what wasn't vital, they were beasts. Or were we the beasts? We were willing to kill each and every one of them to be independent from they're world. The world full of chaos and panic, but we are safe. Well we were safe.

I watched as the cloaked man walked up to me. "Are you ready?" He asked. I nodded my head and followed. "You know it wasn't always like this." He continued. "But the world changes slower than a heart." He stopped and looked into the sky. It was full of stars. It looked almost as if he was crying while he did so. He rubbed his hands against his face. "I always wished that I would one day travel far away from here." "If I only I knew that this would happen..." We both turned into the ruins of the city.

"Nobody knew. Its not your fault." I replied as I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks for being there." He smiled. "You always were the best friend I could ever have." We both smiled at each other. He took a deep sigh and looked back up into the stars.

END OF CHAPTER ONE

Any comments or ideas? Feel free to give a reveiw of so far. A new chapter will be up soon.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It was a silent evening. The streets empty, of course they were always empty. Ever since they came and wiped out all we had. What did we have? We had everything. We had nothing. We had life and death. We had all that was vital. Then they. They had everything. They had anything. They had what wasn't vital, they were beasts. Or were we the beasts? We were willing to kill each and every one of them to be independent from they're world. The world full of chaos and panic, but we are safe. Well we were safe.
The whole juxtaposition of opposite sentences thing had me confused. How could you have had everything and have had nothing at the same time? And then the constantly switching of tenses had me puzzled.

and its Quarantine

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Thats the point. Opposites are stronger than any regulars. They caught your attention and that was the point...
It still doesn't make sense. There are better ways to attract attention than to stop making sense...

Top Bottom