• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q : Shield Pressure

Se7enSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
Se7enSB
I don't see a Q&A on these boards but I have a question involving Falcon's Shield Pressure.

The question is can Falcon do aerials on shield and do a gentlemen and be safe? There's a Falcon player in my area and I can punish him in Melee for this but in Project M I can't do anything but roll. It's like Falco Shield pressure because I can't grab and I'm forced to roll.

What can I do here? I mash A to get a shield grab or something, but it won't work because I'm stuck in shield. It's kind of dumb if I'm forced to roll because he can just throw knees everywhere and force rolls. I would understand if it was technically hard but it's not.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
If you do the latest possible knee on shield its +2 safe on shield for falcon. not only can he jab safely he can dash and if you are trying to shield grab i'm surprised he doesn't just grab you after the knee. It also works in melee.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Well, if you don't like how the knee pressures shields, you could always just get hit by it instead...

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
I don't see a Q&A on these boards but I have a question involving Falcon's Shield Pressure.

The question is can Falcon do aerials on shield and do a gentlemen and be safe? There's a Falcon player in my area and I can punish him in Melee for this but in Project M I can't do anything but roll. It's like Falco Shield pressure because I can't grab and I'm forced to roll.

What can I do here? I mash A to get a shield grab or something, but it won't work because I'm stuck in shield. It's kind of dumb if I'm forced to roll because he can just throw knees everywhere and force rolls. I would understand if it was technically hard but it's not.
Knee does have some lag on it, and it takes some time to come out so- dash out- dash back in or wavrdash back offers a pretty good chance to punish. Knee is not the best as an approach, really the only situation in which it is safe is when you are caught in shield and he knees late. You could even just throw a hitbox out to catch him because he is vulnerable until the last few frames of his jump.

Lil Bucket Hat

Smash Apprentice
Knee is +1 so we get a free grab on chars who don't have a shine like move, uair is 0 on shield so it's also good, stomp is good behind them and if done low enough will always shield poke and nair is good on shield if spaced but most times when they're shielding you'll want to just grab em and kill them off that grab, bruh

Top Bottom