• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q: How to get an image originating from a video?

Feocart

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering if someone could answer my question of how to obtain an image from media device. I'm aiming to capture a paused shot from Windows Media Player, but do not know how to capture the image.

Malote

Smash Cadet
Use the Print Screen key (it is near Delete and Insert), then paste the image in Paint.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or better yet, Ctrl+Alt+PrintScreen. That will just capture the current active window and not the entire screen. (Saves you editing time and effort)

Feocart

Smash Apprentice
This is strage, I'm using both suggestions, trying to capture the window containing the image, but isn't registering. Maybe it's the key (Print screen key) that isn't working accurately, for there appears to be no response to when I click it. What is supposed to happen/appear on the screen when the Print screen key is supposed to work?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
All the Print Screen button does is copy the image onto the clipboard (As if you "Ctrl-C"'d it)

Like spawn said, you have to then go into Paint and hit "Ctrl-V" to paste the image.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
You might also need to get a special program that'll take snapshots of a video, because sometimes (in my experience, anyway) your video card does funny things with video overlay and it prevents you from being able to paste the printscreen. (You'll notice the video keeps playing in Paint, and when you move the window around the video doesn't move with it, etc.)

Top Bottom