• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Python Help...

Monkeyjr352

Smash Cadet
Hello all,
I have a question for anyone who knows python. I just started learning it the other day, and I think I've gotten most of the basics down. My problem now is that I need some examples of more complicated coding so I can start to understand the more advanced things. Does anyone know a place where I can find examples like these. Also, how do I play a .wav file?

With Thanks,

Monkeyjr352​

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
what basics have you gotten so far? I remember I was first introduced to computer programming with python, and the OOP stuff confused me a bit at first (classes and objects and such). But they're like the building blocks for most languages so you have to know them well.
I found this from a google search for playing wav files in python, try to see if it works

Have fun! :) (I haven't done anything in python in years...i miss it so much, lol)

Monkeyjr352

Smash Cadet
When I said basics, I meant basic functions. For example, for, if, while, print, input, etc. I'm just now starting to figure out the classes and objects.

Bocom

Smash Apprentice
The documentation's tutorial is very good. I heavily recommend it. ^_^

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
There are lots of tutorials online, and books are always nice (maybe try to find some at your local library/bookstore?). I have Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science by John Zelle, and it was pretty helpful. I personally prefer books over online tutorials, especially when they come with examples on a cd or a website. Though the best way to start learning computer programming in my opinion is from a real-life teacher.

Good Luck! :)

Top Bottom