• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PVRs amd Capture Cards

Fish4JC

Smash Rookie
Ok I'd like to do two things in this post:

1. Explain that most External PVR (Personal Video Recorders (Usually come as USB)) have the most horrible lag you could imagine. This is due to the Codec in the recorder that has to take all the data it gets in and convert it... therefore adding multiple seconds of lag.

2. Ask which tv tuner card those of you that have onep refer? I had (on my old computer) an ATI All-in-Wonder card and it worked fine until the cpu messed up and caused lag. I couldn't move the card to my computer due to my newer compouter not having the "AGP x8" slot. AGP is so outdated. I'm thinking of getting an ATI TV Wonder. Or something along those lines. ATI has been very good to me as far as meeting my expectations.

Also, The "DIAMOND XtremeTV™ PVR660 USB 2.0? has a 4-5 second lag on live game feeds. Don't buy it for use of playing any game. IT works wonderfully for TV and VCR -> .avi Recording though.

Top Bottom