• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Putting together a community DK highlight video. NEED CLIPS FROM YOU GUYS!

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
Hey guys, I'm DKbill - Canadian Donkey Kong main. As some of you may know, I currently have a combo video titled "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MOf-Yd17yI) to which I want to have a sequel called "Bigger, Faster, Stronger 2".

This time, I want the combo video to have ALL OF YOU GUYS! All you have to do is send your cool DK combos/plays to my friend Apathy (who will be making the video). You can send your replays to his nnid: apathy95

Please don't spam him lol. It helps if you title your video so he knows what to look for as well. Let's show everyone how beast the DK community is!

Last edited:

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, Apathy here. Please ask us any questions ya'll have for this video.

I will say this, I want this video to be even better then BFS in every scale of the word. Excited to work with ya'll.

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
Since there have been a bunch of replays erased, and I'm sure not just me, but other DK's have matches on youtube, such as the replay feature uploading them, us uploading them, or tournament matches, is there a way we can get those in or are we doing strictly new replays?

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Any all clips are welcome, even if they are on youtube.

Last edited:

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
The programs that are planned to be used are SFM/Premiere and Vegas.

Last edited:

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
I have a dk vid where I get a pretty smooth kill on a luigi's second stock. It wasn’t a string or anything but it might be worthy of a spot.

Its a 3ds video (don’t spear me!) With the comment 2nd stock kill.

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
I have a dk vid where I get a pretty smooth kill on a luigi's second stock. It wasn’t a string or anything but it might be worthy of a spot.

Its a 3ds video (don’t spear me!) With the comment 2nd stock kill.

I wouldn't normally have an issue with 3ds clips, unfortunately though I can't record them since I don't have a 3ds, nor recording hardware for it. Sorry! :(

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Okay then I'ma send you some PM's Apathy.

Thanks for the awesome clips man, all confirmed!

So here are the list of people currently confirmed who have sent clips who have been accepted or are sending clips thus far

ZZZ/DomBad
DKBill
RiotLettuce

Future is looking bright so far :yeahboi:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I've got a clip that I'll send to you when you accept my friend request. It's nothing special, just the ending to the last stock of a really bad FG match, but I thought you might like it.

Last edited:

DkDaggers

Smash Rookie
All my replays were corrupted after the recent patch, but I will be styling hard for the next little while and hope to send something cool in a few days :)

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
All my replays were corrupted after the recent patch, but I will be styling hard for the next little while and hope to send something cool in a few days :)
Thanks man

Dre89 Dre89 I'l check it out this weekend, kinda slammed with school work atm.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thanks man

Dre89 Dre89 I'l check it out this weekend, kinda slammed with school work atm.
I sent it to you. It's the second kill. Looking back at it it's not that great and I've done a lot of better things since then, but I didn't get any of them recorded lol.

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
This dude has been pretty unresponsive, its gonna be pretty sad when the patch deleted our replays that we sent him that he hasnt got to yet lol

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
This dude has been pretty unresponsive, its gonna be pretty sad when the patch deleted our replays that we sent him that he hasnt got to yet lol
Yeah it's going to be rough with all these upcoming patches. I'm not too sure what Apathy's plan is, but hopefully the clips people sent to him that were *really* solid for a combo video were saved. Since the Cloud patch just came in, I could possibly message Apathy saying to seriously start this combo video to get it done asap before the next patch. It'd be a lot better for me as well, since it's christmas break and I now have time to get a lot more clips.

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
I sent in a bunch of clips, and he doesnt turn on his wii u much, so i hope he can save them before he even has to update, or something, but I think Im just gonna make my own montage or something, I have way too many clips

TruthAlone

Smash Rookie
NNID
TruthAlone
3DS FC
2423-2804-9358
Today I have officially decided I will main DK. I wanted to main Falcon and then PAC-MAN but I found myself getting stressed out. I find DK and Bowser the most fun to play in Smash 4 so why not main them? I refuse to be put off by the tier list any longer!

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Edit this comment is slightly innacurate: lemme explain in the next comment

Last edited:

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Oh man just read some of this thread. Sorry for the stress I caused some of you. Lemme explain.

Not trying to be rude ofc. I wasn't getting notif's from this thread so I assumed people just weren't interested anymore. I went through all the replays pre patch, recorded all the stuff I felt was good. There were maybe 2 replays of 10 total (including 4 of riot's stuff which all got confirmed) I didn't record because they weren't that good. Riot and one other player sent clips actively to my wii u, which was what I was checking, I'm not entirely familiar with smashboards and I thought you get notifications when anyone comments on a thread you've talked in. 8 replays+4 demos would have anyone think nobody was interested, since that footage might maybe cover a minute or so, meaning we have a large chunk of replays from one player.

There's my explanation on the inactivity, I'm back in the grind for editing and this video won't disappoint. Please understand I can't do it all on my own, and you guys have all done enough so far. The only thing we can do is keep the other thread alive and make sure it doesn't get buried.

Last edited:
Top Bottom