• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pure Pwnage Results, Sept 2, Columbus NE

Echo

Smash Champion
Singles Tournament Results (22 Entrants)
1. Mike Falco
2. Mo
3. Smeesh
4. Echo
5. Batman
5. Slick
7. Alf
7. Donato
9. George
9. Uli
9. Daniel
9. Sir Roy
13. Tgod
13. Eric
13. Zach
13. Noah
17. Cory
17. Zero
17. Prof
17. Liz
17. Paul
17. Fro!

Doubles Tournament Results (9 Entrants)

1. Team Crust (Mike Falco + Smeesh)
2. Second Marriage (Mo + Echo)
3. Black Games (Sir Roy + Batman)
4. Papaya Man (Donato + Prof)
5. ROFL (Uli + Slick)
5. Vent
7. Stewie
7. Noobs
7. Fredo

Low Tier Singles Tournament Results (17 Entrants)

1. Smeesh
2. Batman
3. Mo
4. Echo
5. Uli
5. Alf
7. Sir Roy
7. Mike Falco
9. Prof
9. Daniel
9. Tgod
9. George
13. Rose
13. Trevor
13. Fro
13. Slick

Low Tier Doubles Tournament Results (8 Entrants)

1. Chuck Norris (Echo + Smeesh)
2. Creepers (Mike Falco + Tacoom)
3. Roflcopters (Uli + Slick)
4. Papaya Man (Donato + Prof)
5. Better Program (Mo + Batman)
5. F'ing Revenge
7. Pen15 Noobs
7. Losers

Vids to come soon.

Some Pictures (Dont know why they turned out so dark but oh well):

Brighter and better pics are a few posts down...

Well guys, although alot of people ditched and this ended up to be a rather small tourney, it was alot of fun, and we got to pull off 4 different tournies. Imma do some shoutouts later, but I wanna throw out a good **** to Uli for the huge improvement I've seen in that dude since the last time I seen him play. Did really well.

I look forward to seeing all of you, and more... at Pure Pwnage 2... someday :p

Uli

Smash Champion
lol y thanks u, anyway i teamed with slick (jon) for both team games,btw in the low tiers single im in there twice lol, ill do shout outs lataaaaaaaaa sleeppyy time, feels so good to be home... :D

Big Burn

Smash Lord
congrats on getting first mike.... kinda hard to make it with a car that wont start....

Echo

Smash Champion
I put some pics up in the first post... and as soon as George or Uli sends me the stuff, i'll get to work on the vids. I'm goin out of town for a while, i'll do shoutouts later tonight.

I also fixed the typo's, sorry, the handwriting on the brackets was really bad lol. If i can i'm gonna get a copy of those up on here too.

What do you guys think of turning Pure Pwnage into a bi-monthly event? or even tri-monthy... I think it'd be a really fun thing to do, keep us active in tournies, and be good practice. Just a thought... I think it'd be really cool.

TrevFalcon

Smash Rookie
Everyone did awesome. Well compared to Team Losers ( Rose and I ), everyone was better than us. But we will come back to haunt you people.....wait for it....

DonatoClassic

Smash Cadet
I think it would be great if you could get it going that often. I'd definetly go (with or without Prof depending on college).

Edit with pics:

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Mike your pictures blow what the hell is wrong with your camera lol....I dunno about a monthly or something during college football season tho, that's tough....

Devon's the best player he cashed in every event :-P

Echo

Smash Champion
lol i dunno man my camera sucks so i cleared most of em, donato had some much better ones.

btw Mo, this would be a Bi-Monthly event, meaning once every 2 months, not once every month. Surely someone of your IQ should be able to figure that out. :p And Murn... It could be another year before the next smash arrives, and even so... who says we cant have Brawl tournies? I think its a really great idea... i just wanted to know what anyone thought of it. And like, we are the only people that have really ever done a Low Tier Doubles Tourney, we could start something new, ya know? Could be real fun.

Alright so I guess its about time I get to some shoutouts...

Donato - lol all I remember from seeing you at this tourney was that real close game between you guys and black games, I hope that one was taped, I dont remember if it was. You guys teamed real well though, good ****.

JBM - Might as well not even attempt a smash career now... lol... doesnt go to anything.

Kansas - WTF @ not coming. Show up next time.

Leon - Good **** my *****. Your Roy was doin some reall good things in low teir, dont know what happened to you in low tier doubles though :p

Liz - that peach is too good... i wanna play like you some day.

Mike - I think you made a typo... it wasnt "i'm king with fox"... its just "fox is the king". You know its the truth... and Yeah I guess congrats on takin first in singles and doubles... but you know your win in doubles wasnt legit lol... so whatever >_> haha you suck at life though

Mo - Good **** in doubles, we would have had it if it werent for rainbow cruise... You did really well in singles too though, we would have had an extremely close set, but I failed to DI that one tipper on yoshi's... lol, was still a good one though. We'll take it next time.

Other Omaha Dudes - Dont exactly know who is who, except for Tyser's roy... but guys have all been improving, so keep that **** up. I wish I could remember which one Slick was exactly, cuz he got 5th in singles. I think I had to play him though.

Professor - Random Luigi Ownin people outta nowhere. I told some people about it before this tourney started, and you held up that reputation real well. Look forward to playin with ya again sometime soon.

Rose - maybe next time?... lol

Smeesh - We never got to have sex. :( Next time mayne, next time. lol I might kreep Omaha real soon again though, so maybe then. Team Chuck Norris will never lose :p too good.

Schuyler dudes - Dont remember who you all were, but you should come play more often :p

TrevFalcon - wtf did smeesh give you that name... krust...

Uli - Like I said man, much improvement, could be the next big thing happenin for NE.

Quen - Main Pika dude, main Pika :p lol you're playin low tier anyway you may as well :)

Yosh - You showed up too late to be able to do anything!! :( Next time get here on time fool lol :p

Hope I didnt forget anyone, but i'm really tired. Just holla at me if you want me to compliment you :) lol nah but I'm really likin the bi-monthly idea... and we could start the trend of being the home of the Low Tier Doubles Tournies... we're too good. :p

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yeah Papaya Men was a solid team especially in low tier, you guys got me and Leon 2-0 that was good.

Devon's DK is gettin too good, but I wanted another shot at it with Link. Roy is too crappy man.

Uli and everyone keep improving, hope you guys get a lot of practice for the next tourney.

Can't do real shoutouts on this type of tourney I guess since we knew most of the people there....but I gotta say Leon nice job in low tier :-P

DonatoClassic

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure that close match between Papaya Man and Black Games was on tape. I'm just waiting for the vid to be uploaded.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Fox is garbage.

Too bad i couldn't show to this, if i would've i would've gotten there late since yosh did though i guess.

Echo

Smash Champion
lol yeah i'd like to bring to everyones attention that if every single person attended as they said they would... we would have had 52 people... we had a little under half of that. Its lookin like there will be Pure Pwnage 2 in 2 months... so lets hope everyone will actually show up this time, this one went really well so I think we could get more. I'll find out the day and crap sometime, I gotta talk to Mo about findin a day without NE football............... i guess x_x

The room turned out really well, and we ended up having like 9 setups, so thats real good ****, lets keep that goin :p

I'll get those vids up ASAP... so just keep checkin I guess =/

btw I got a killer tourney program on my comp now, so next time i'll just bring it along to make things easier >.>

Uli

Smash Champion
this tourny was fun! me and my crew will pry show up to the next one but tyser doesnt like to drive there but ill convince him again

echo - great tourny do it again! plus i didnt even get to play you

mo/leon - marths are too good....

mike falco - lol 3 stocked ya in low teirs :D

smeesh - only played u once at mikes, it was cool

yosh - i hate zelda now

Quen - nice friendlys with your roy

Schuyler kids - i dont think i vs to many of u but u guys werent bad :D

idk who else but tyser beat smeesh >_>

btw im capturing the 1v1's as we speak onto my comp and filefront = faggatory so we couldnt upload the 2v2, im hoping we get it at least by the end of the week but idk we got school and all that fun stuff.

Echo

Smash Champion
oh **** uli we never played? yeah man we're gonna make sure we do next time, I guess the only time we did was for low tier tourney... which you should have beat me but your boomerang caught me :p lol

As soon as those get up on filefront, i'll get em and upload them onto my GoogleVideo account, so its easier to view them all... then i'll get to work on the montage i wanted to do... but we dont really have much so ill just have to work with what i've got >_>

btw if any of you schuyler dudes ever wanna get together and play some games, you got my number... no one else here plays, and you're the closest, so i'm always down. :p

Thanks for the shout-out guys. My Luigi's only gonna get better :chuckle:

I'm totally down with Pure Pwnage being bi-monthly. Sounds like great fun. You can be sure that both members of Team Papaya Man will make every effort to be there!

And here's an interesting tidbit of information: I'm going to college at UNL right now, along with another Smasher from Schuyler. We're trying to get the Student Advisory Board to sanction a Smash crew here at UNL. If we can fulfill all the requirements, they'll pay for gas money to go to tournies, t-shirts, and possibly other stuff. That'd mean we'd have a nice pool of Smashers on hand at UNL, which means more at any tournies in the area. I won't know for a few weeks, so we'll see what happens.

And if anyone is interested, we're trying to set up Smashfests on Thursdays. If anyone in Lincoln is interested, email bad_andy_41 at hotmail.com.

Echo

Smash Champion
because of Mo and his obsession with NE football, looks like Pure Pwnage 2 is very likely to be on November 18th. This is also 2 weeks after SMYM6. I guess Uli is havin probs with uploaded stuff from his camera, so the vids might take a while :(

The hope is that we'll be able to bring a bunch of players into the tournament scene. Regardless, if we get this group sanctioned (or whatever), we get money. Which is always good.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
devon is there anyway to get a hold of you mangz.... i was going to see if u wanted to get ur smeesh on sometime soon since there are to many other people that have crust running through their veins( i won't mention any names) also ULI we should get together and play sometime.... i haven't had the pleasure of playing you yet and it sounds like your for real.... ur on my aim so the next time i see you on there i will give u a holla....

Uli

Smash Champion
im down with that mario, but idk when bc i got schoolz, anyway im hoping to get the videos to echo by the weekend, im done capturing them now i gotta get them onto the interweb!

Echo

Smash Champion
welll, i got the vids... but there is a problem with the quality, i'll try to put some up by tonight.

Echo

Smash Champion
i dont think the vids from this tourney are going to be hosted online... the quality if awful... and theres a black bar covering the stock/%s of most of the matches... i'm still working on a way to get around this and try to put atleast SOME up... but we may just have to wait until the next and get it better next time. We tried some recording today at Uli's and we'll see if George's camera did any better.

Top Bottom