• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punishing Shield Breaks With Watering Can to Bowling Ball

Husky Holidays

Smash Rookie
Whenever I break my opponent's shield I will watering can them to the end of the stage before I hit them with a charged bowling ball. Does anybody else do this? Surely I'm not the only one who thought of this.

Last edited:

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
Already tried, but as soon as the opponent is offstage, he woke up :(
Best way to hype a shield break is taunt (top/side one, cuz it's the longest) and fully charged fsmash.

Husky Holidays

Smash Rookie
Already tried, but as soon as the opponent is offstage, he woke up :(
Best way to hype a shield break is taunt (top/side one, cuz it's the longest) and fully charged fsmash.
I meant to say that you should push the opponent as close to the edge as possible without pushing him off, and then bowling bowl. I got a kill on Link at 42% doing this and I would not have at center stage.
I tried to change the title to hopefully be clearer.

Last edited:

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Wow, I never thought of doing this o,o
It's actually both really funny, and clever because you can get earlier kills. I guess even after playing Villager so much, I still underlook some of its moves.

cree318

Smash Cadet
NNID
cree318
3DS FC
0301-9783-2199
Really cool idea, although wouldn't you have a better chance killing with a fully charged bowling ball, as opposed to a partially charged one with the enemy closer to the blast line? You'll prob get the kill either way cause the bowling ball is so strong, but it seems like fully charged is the safer option (although watering can to Fsmash def deserves some swag points).

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I absolutely love how some of Villager's best options such as this are hilarious looking yet practical.

This character is amazing.

MaggieMagister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4657-0072-4618
I do this, but I wasn't using the watering can, I would just walk into them slowly enough that my collision box wouldn't push through theirs. This is probably faster when you're around midscreen, though.

Husky Holidays

Smash Rookie
I do this, but I wasn't using the watering can, I would just walk into them slowly enough that my collision box wouldn't push through theirs. This is probably faster when you're around midscreen, though.
Seems like a good idea to do with any character. I would be too scared of my opponent waking up though.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Does anyone have a method of getting any shield breaks? Do villagers get this often? I saw a villager Mixclip on rush hour smash's channel and they got a shield break in one of the clips
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zkuFqgqW4Tc
Sadly, not really. Tree is probably your best option if you can hit it, but Villager doesn't have anything safe on shield that does a lot of shield damage, like Bowser or DK do.

Top Bottom