• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punishing rolls as Ivysaur?

TheObsoletecomputer

Smash Rookie
I have a friend I play against quite often who likes to spam rolls, and I'm starting to get tired of it. I know rolls are supposed to be very punishable but sometimes he'll roll all the way from one side of a stage to the other and there's nothing I can do about it. He plays a really sloppy Jiggly that I lose to only for this reason, and although he rolls a lot less with his other characters Wolf and Lucario, it still gives me a hard time. What can I do as Ivy to punish rolls?

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
Just razor leaf the rolls and you will get a few percent while staying safe theres a lot more you can do being faster on the ground but practice that for now.

TheObsoletecomputer

Smash Rookie
I don't have a problem using wavedashes/lands, dashdances, moonwalks, etc., I just can't seem to figure out how to stop someone who does :p The razor leaf thing is okay but a lot of the time they can just roll through it because it's so slow. It's basically my go to move but it's not a very big punish. Thanks for the reply

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
literally don't approach. Jigglys run speed is ****so she has to approach via the air. ^B or bair. >prohit

Swann

Smash Journeyman
The razor leaf thing is okay but a lot of the time they can just roll through it because it's so slow.
What @ Saproling Saproling means is that you need to put a razor leaf in the place that your friend is going to end up, if he rolls. Razor leaf lingers for a significant amount of time, and if somebody rolls into a razor leaf, you can typically get a free dtilt or grab.

If your friend is rolling behind you, just dsmash for now.

Are you trying to desperately hit him with dash attack or something? Because honestly you can probably just walk around and dtilt wherever he rolls, since Ivy's dtilt has so much range and comes out relatively quickly.

dushiel

Smash Rookie
run at them and do nothing, theyll roll and you will have enoughtime to follow up

The Party

Smash Rookie
If you space yourself within their roll range and predict the roll, you can punish with an easy usmash sweetspot.

Top Bottom