• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punishing Jigglypuff's missed Sleep

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
A lot of you probably know this already, but I don't think it'll hurt if I say it anyway.

There are several instances when Jigglypuff misses the sleep attack. This obviously is your time to counter attack. But instead of just landing a fully charged smash attack on them, you could instead cape him about three times before finishing it off with a smash attack.

Obviously, if Jigglypuff is already at kill%, it would be better to just land a fully-charged smash attack. But this method of punishment is better for dealing more damage when Jigglypuff is relatively healthy in terms of %.

If anyone has anything else to add to this, feel free to do so.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
A lot of you probably know this already, but I don't think it'll hurt if I say it anyway.

There are several instances when Jigglypuff misses the sleep attack. This obviously is your time to counter attack. But instead of just landing a fully charged smash attack on them, you could instead cape him about three times before finishing it off with a smash attack.

Obviously, if Jigglypuff is already at kill%, it would be better to just land a fully-charged smash attack. But this method of punishment is better for dealing more damage when Jigglypuff is relatively healthy in terms of %.

If anyone has anything else to add to this, feel free to do so.
Shroomed and A Rookie have done this with Doc and Mario respectively in Melee. Pretty funny and more useful in Melee as Rest has significantly more cooldown in that game. I guess it could work in Sm4sh as well.

Last edited:

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
Yeah, it definitely worked better in Melee due to puff's stupidly long Rest cooldown. It still works in Smash 4, however, and it should be abused by all Doc/Mario players.

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
You can do the same thing if you somehow break someone's shield

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
If a Jigglypuff misses Rest at a very low percent where not even a fully charged, sweetspoted forward smash could KO from the very edge of the stage, would it potentially be a decent idea to repeatedly cape them and then maybe finish off with a grab?

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
If a Jigglypuff misses Rest at a very low percent where not even a fully charged, sweetspoted forward smash could KO from the very edge of the stage, would it potentially be a decent idea to repeatedly cape them and then maybe finish off with a grab?
I personally wouldn't grab after the cape harass. When you grab puff, you have several options. You can d-throw and connect it with an aerial or up-b, but that can be difficult due to puff's floatiness. You can f-throw or u-throw, but I can't see how those options would be any better than d-throw.
(You could use d-throw to bait an airdodge and punish with fair. Of course, there is a chance the bait might not work.)

I would rather just go for an f-smash or a d-smash. Both deal good damage and could send Puff off-stage if you're close to the ledge.

Last edited:

CasteHappy//

Smash Apprentice
Cape 3 times
Taunt
Reverse Fair

TAUNT TWICE

If she's at low percent, cape a few times and fully charged F-Smash / D-Smash ( second hitbox has more knockback )

Top Bottom