• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punishing airdodge after upward knockback

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
So when you hit a CPU upward and then jump to try and follow up with an aerial, they always airdodge, like 90% of the time. I've been able to counter this with ROB by just empty-jumping and then doing a delayed nair, though it works mostly because ROB's nair lasts forever and has a giant hitbox.

With Inkling, I can't really do anything similar. I tried using nair, but it's too fast and the hitbox is too small. Tried using dair as well, but can't seem to hit it. Also tried fastfall up air but can't seem to hit that either.

What do?

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
CPU’s aren’t anything like people so you shouldn’t count on them dodging like people. They can read inputs and dodge frame-perfectly, but they won’t dodge an areal if the initial hit box won’t hit them. Rising Fair or Nair should be enough.

On the other hand, you don’t need to follow up in the air. I like to stay on the ground and catch their landing.

Top Bottom