• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pummeling with Marth

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I've seen so many Mew2King video's in which he gets 3-4 pummels in before his throw. How does he do this? Is it at all like wobbling in which you hit :GCA: 180-220 BPM (if so how many BPM id it for Marth's pummel)?

DeadPigeon

Smash Apprentice
Pummeling can be dangerous because your opponent can always mash out (you're not the ICs lol). It is harder to mash out at high percents, so it is safer to pummel the higher percent your opponent it (or safer to pummel more). However, even if they don't mash out, pummeling still gives them time to DI perfectly. For these reasons, I normally do not pummel unless I am trying to raise their percentage enough to create a new option. For example, if I grab fox at 30%, I'll pummel once before upthrow so that uptilt will convert to regrab easier. The only other time I'll pummel (besides when it creates new options) is when my opponent is at a really high percent and I have no followups, so I take the extra damage pummel gives.

Top Bottom