• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pugwest (marth) vs Pelca (diddy)

Pugwest

Smash Apprentice
From a tournament in Rhode Island involving Mass players. Pelca was considered top 5 of New England in brawl as a falco main. First time I've ever played him in a tournament.

The reason I'm posting this is to help us vs Diddy mu as early as possible. Aside from some mistakes I know I mad (countering too much, and really using to much d-throw into nothing) The first round wasn't recorded or I can't find it but the he beat me 2-1. First set we were both over 140% so it couldn't went either way.

Things I've learned playing vs my first Smash 4 Diddy
-His Fair still beats ours
-Stutter step backwards fsmashing his fair approach might be very viable.
-dancing blade must be perfect as his weight helps him get out
-(from MR.E vs M2k) We can U-throw kill diddy at 162%+
-Be Aggressive but space very well while maintaining quick punish options.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Good marth, one thing to work on is not retreating when you have the advantage, especially stage advantage. It seemed like you weren't comfortable being next to diddy at all, and there were times were standing your ground in neutral could've gained you much more percent than running to the other side of the stage and setting up a fair wall.

Seems like you're used to brawl Marth from how you were playing.

Your fair actually beat his a few times (by beat I mean you two started your fair around the same time but Marth's comes out faster so you won) If you hit diddys body as he fairs and he only hits your sword, yours will win since marths sword is a disjoint. The times his fair "beat" yours was when you were in close range and he hit your hurtbox(your arm/body) before/after his beat yours.

I saw what you were going for when the diddy monkeyflipped over you and you tried to tipper fsmash him, maybe, fsmashing where he's gonna land would hit him or possibly upsmash, definitely full hop nair/fair or even short hop bair. You jusssst missed the oh so satisfying top hit of smash.

For DB I've heard do db1, db2 UPPER then see where the opponent is to decide whether or not to continue.

Top Bottom