• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puff's Pound

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I hear alot of people saying Puff's Pound has been nerfed but no-one has elaborated in what way. Just Puff plays like in 64. I would assume this means Puff falls fast enough that Pound no longer gives near indefinite airtime.

Secondly, how is the knockback? Is it still practically guaranteed good knockback and trajectory?

Third and most important priority.

In previous games Puff had a lack of range and no projectiles, this would be near suicide when concerning sword users. My defensive game revolved heavily around the fact Pound can equal or out prioritize almost every move in the game if you hit correctly. This was invaluable for recovery as I could take edgeguarders head on instead of flying over and making myself vulnerable on landing.

Does Pound still overpower most KO moves in the game? How does it do against moves with super armour?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I can only answer the first one. Rising pound still helps recovery, and I didn't notice any difference between it and the Melee version (although I didn't really have to use it to recover much). She falls around the same speed, if not a little slower than she did in Melee. I was able to perform two b-airs, or a b-air and an up-air in one shorthop, but that may have been due to the shorthop being higher.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff's falling speed is one of the slowest I've seen, even though she seems heavier this time around.

Pound's tajectory is straight up and the hitbox extends a little past her arms too.

8BitHero

Smash Rookie
Does Pound still overpower most KO moves in the game? How does it do against moves with super armour?
Well in any case, if they did, then you need not worry, but in the fact of the super armor.. well, you see, it won't stop them from there attack or anything, so it seems pretty useless. Grabs and such are about the only ways around super armor, or in jiggs case... Sing.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
In previous games Puff had a lack of range and no projectiles, this would be near suicide when concerning sword users. My defensive game revolved heavily around the fact Pound can equal or out prioritize almost every move in the game if you hit correctly.
You clearly never saw a good Jigglypuff player, play against a good sword user... Sword users have alot of lagg after their ground moves and therefore there were ALOT of resting opportunities for Jiggs in these cases.

And as for pound being used to play defensively.. just like sword users, Jigg's pound has alot of endlagg as well, and if your opponent moves back they can punish you pretty nastily... so from a defensive standpoint pound is most certainly NOT the best opion.. infact, pound would probably be categorized as an offensive move due to the combo setup availability of the move itself. Spaced Bairs, and guerrilla tactics are clearly a far superior choice in this case.

Good Day Sirs.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Sword users have alot of lagg after their ground moves and therefore there were ALOT of resting opportunities for Jiggs in these cases .
I'm aware of that much but that assumes they don't just use their aerial moves and L-Cancel to not leave themself open or even simply go for the spike.

Baconater

Smash Cadet
now all this talk about rest being easier to land and the rising pound sending characters straight up. Do we still have pound to rest?

Top Bottom