• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puffin the Competition (Jigglypuff Special Move Guide)  *EDITED*

Puffin the Competition (Jigglypuff Special Move Guide) *EDITED*

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
PowerPuffPlayer submitted a new guide:

Puffin the Competition (Jigglypuff Guide) - Want to be a better Jigglypuff player? You came to the right guide!

Jigglypuff guide is right here! Every move you need to know.
Specials:roll:
Rollout: Good recovery when launched on side of battlefield. Not great on power but does the job done.
Pound: Long lasting hitbox and can stop some projectiles (Bonus Fruit)
Sing: Good for 4 free for all battles. Almost Useless on 1 on 1. but timed right can lead you to a K.O.
Rest: Powerful and when timed right can lead to a K.O. at less than 40-50 percent. Leaves you open when missed for more than 250 frames or less....
Read more about this guide...

c4ll me co4ch

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-4093-1228
You mention puff dies to rest at 36% and monado boy shulk at 118, but you may wanna take into account what stage you were on/rage/other factors. Some stages have higher ceilings than others and can alter the kill percentages for rest. General numbers are often determined by FD, but even then iirc puff should die at 43% given the numbers I've always seen tossed around and tend to remember.

As for the other specials, I think you give Rollout way to much credit as Jiggly mentioned. Sing ledge cancels but often times has very few other uses as it can be easily punished in most MUs. Pound's main (imo) feature is the fact that it does 3/4 shield damage, meaning it exerts pressure not by blocking things but by forcing opponents to move. Also, Pound has a long lasting hitbox meaning it's a good counter to rolls and spot dodges.

Beyond the actual content of the message, I fear your guide might be overlooked as trivial simply due to your lack of going over what you've written. There are some (albeit minor) grammar mistakes and other issues, potentially making it difficult to take your guide too seriously. I'd just be careful when publishing something intended for competitive audiences, while only giving minimal information and not checking to make sure you're presenting clean, well-edited work.

Keep it up and feel free to ask questions though. We're all here to help.

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
You mention puff dies to rest at 36% and monado boy shulk at 118, but you may wanna take into account what stage you were on/rage/other factors. Some stages have higher ceilings than others and can alter the kill percentages for rest. General numbers are often determined by FD, but even then iirc puff should die at 43% given the numbers I've always seen tossed around and tend to remember.

As for the other specials, I think you give Rollout way to much credit as Jiggly mentioned. Sing ledge cancels but often times has very few other uses as it can be easily punished in most MUs. Pound's main (imo) feature is the fact that it does 3/4 shield damage, meaning it exerts pressure not by blocking things but by forcing opponents to move. Also, Pound has a long lasting hitbox meaning it's a good counter to rolls and spot dodges.

Beyond the actual content of the message, I fear your guide might be overlooked as trivial simply due to your lack of going over what you've written. There are some (albeit minor) grammar mistakes and other issues, potentially making it difficult to take your guide too seriously. I'd just be careful when publishing something intended for competitive audiences, while only giving minimal information and not checking to make sure you're presenting clean, well-edited work.

Keep it up and feel free to ask questions though. We're all here to help.
Thanks for your comment. I guess I wont be making anymore guides anytime soon. Thank you for reading it anyway.

c4ll me co4ch

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-4093-1228
Thanks for your comment. I guess I wont be making anymore guides anytime soon. Thank you for reading it anyway.
Eh I'm not necessarily saying you shouldn't be making guides anytime soon. As it relates to the last point, I'd just argue that it might be helpful to proofread your guides a bit more/have someone else read them before publishing.

Top Bottom