• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSI Magnet Landing Lag Cancel

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm here to report a small Ness discovery I made about the PSI Magnet's properties. Veteran Ness players may already know this, but either way its a nice tidbit that I'd like to share with the Ness boards. I've found that when you double jump and then instantly use PSI magnet low to the ground you cancel all landing lag not even autocanceled, you just skip landing lag completely which I show off here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdlMFOeJOp4 (sorry I don't know the command to link a video with the nice fancy text >-<)

Also we should discuss the use of Ness' DJC in general. While it only affects his specials he can still do some interesting things with momentum, and I think DJC PK fire could make for good mixups. Well whatever maybe some of you will pay attention to this, if you do care about this discovery share the video/thread and please start talking about Ness DJC, he's the only one left with that property and it would nice to see it get some usage.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hey guys, I'm here to report a small Ness discovery I made about the PSI Magnet's properties. Veteran Ness players may already know this, but either way its a nice tidbit that I'd like to share with the Ness boards. I've found that when you double jump and then instantly use PSI magnet low to the ground you cancel all landing lag not even autocanceled, you just skip landing lag completely which I show off here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdlMFOeJOp4 (sorry I don't know the command to link a video with the nice fancy text >-<)

Also we should discuss the use of Ness' DJC in general. While it only affects his specials he can still do some interesting things with momentum, and I think DJC PK fire could make for good mixups. Well whatever maybe some of you will pay attention to this, if you do care about this discovery share the video/thread and please start talking about Ness DJC, he's the only one left with that property and it would nice to see it get some usage.
I didn't know about this. It seems like it could be used instead of doing dair into the ground to cancel the lag. I'm gonna start using this now! Thanks!

Asa

Smash Hero
Dair is better

Use magnet to change your fall speed and mix up your movement

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
PSIM can be good and bad as an aerial momentum shift. At times you can literally push your opponent away from you, making them miss their attack, but it can also have you killed depending on the situation. I've actually done a SH > PSIM > nair/fair and it has worked a few times as a mix up, but nothing too practical.

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
Yeah its nice that you're able to land in your standing animation with a windbox. Also Asa Asa think Ness' double jump into PK fire could make for interesting mixups since you can stagger the timing/incorporate b-reverses to alter momentum and whatnot?

Asa

Smash Hero
It's alright but it's still easy to react to. None of us have really incorporated it into our game yet. Try it out and let us know.

I use full hop PKF, which can be dair cancelled, if the opponent has committed to using a projectile or something along those lines

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
It's alright but it's still easy to react to. None of us have really incorporated it into our game yet. Try it out and let us know.
I did it once on accident against Dakpo and it threw him off for a second, but he wasn't worried about it one bit. I can't imagine that it would be too useful as a mixup, but maybe some value as mind games and just to confuse.

I think if the windbox came out quicker and at the beginning of psim and not the end it would find FAR more use.

I use full hop PKF, which can be dair cancelled, if the opponent has committed to using a projectile or something along those lines
Fh pkf is awesome cause you can nair out of it if they approach you from below, but if they don't just dair cancel into whatever haha.

Djc pkf also has uses, but it's far more situational. Gotten some early kills by feinting a landing into a djc pkf to bat, but its stI'll a pretty niche maneuver.

I've yet to find a use for the other pkf techs in that one pkf tech video posted...

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
Oh, also Lucas can do this with his Pk freeze lol. Don't think its worth making a video for but if any would like video evidence I'd be glad to provide it.

SirShadows

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirShadows
Oh, also Lucas can do this with his Pk freeze lol. Don't think its worth making a video for but if any would like video evidence I'd be glad to provide it.
You mean Lucas is able to cancel his PK Freeze landing lag?... I usually just B-Reverse the Freeze and approach and enemy with it, having them freeze if they approach too. If this is so, it be much easier to avoid getting punished on landing.

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
You mean Lucas is able to cancel his PK Freeze landing lag?... I usually just B-Reverse the Freeze and approach and enemy with it, having them freeze if they approach too. If this is so, it be much easier to avoid getting punished on landing.
Yeah I think he can, but once again its pk freeze, so it would be pretty obvious and easy to react to.

Top Bottom