• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA Porting

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
If I were to port a PSA (let's say Roy) over an Alloy (specifically the red one), what would I have to do? I know the basic renaming of files in the fighter folder and stuff like that, and I also went to give the Red Alloy the ef_marth.pac file in the effect/fighter folder. However, when looking under the module folder for the .rel, I noticed that all the alloys share a single zako.rel file.

So my question is, how do I port a PSA over another slot? Are there some codes used? Is it even possible?

Another question (though less important.) I found out that MiscData 62-65 on the CSS are the Alloy's slots. However, they don't exist, and I can't seem to figure out how to rename a new MiscData (it is stuck on the number 0.) Would this freeze my common5.pac file if I were to add more portraits (even if it's just one?)

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Is this in char_bust_tex_lz77, by chance? And does this apply to MiscData[70] as well?

If I knew which was which, I might be able to finally get that much closer to integrating the Alloys with the rest of the cast.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
This is in char_bust_tex_lz77 (within Common5.pac, although I assume it's the same in sc_selchar_en.pac.)

In MiscData[70], the numbers for the characters are slightly different. However, there are 4 spaces between Sonic (47), and random (51). These may be used by the characters left out (such as Roy or Mewtwo), but they could be used for Alloys. I'll need to experiment.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Okay... It appears that in order to 'rename' it, you have to File Index number. This changes which 'MiscData' it is, at least in BrawlBox.

By the way, how did you figure out which MiscData(s) the Alloys used in char_bust_tex_lz77?

(Edit: I just looked, and noticed that 62-65 match up perfectly with the character modifier values for the Alloys, so I bet that the order is Red, Blue, Yellow, Green)

If I get the same info you're working with, maybe I can continue gathering information and finally do what I've wanted for so long.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
If you rename one of the MiscDatas, do the images show up on the alloys (I assume you may need to edit your .gct file to remove some codes or something, I kind of forget which codes I used)?

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
No. I tried by injecting textures for Blue Alloy in what I thought were the right spots (in a smaller common5.pac), and hex edited the GCT to make her space an 'actual' Blue Alloy slot.

Upon loading the character select screen, I saw a second Random in that space, and when I tried to go to select it, I got the old buzz of death.

Edit: On second thought, I -probably- should have spammed all 4 spots with the same images to see if the one I changed would even show. Trying to guess one out of the 4 was a bad idea.

Edit 2: Still didn't matter. Even after using all 4 spots, I froze at the CSS when trying to highlight the fake 'Random'.

Top Bottom