• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Proposal: allow golden hammers in competitive ruleset

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusTheMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Lexproco
3DS FC
4871-3301-6748
In the past, most items in Smash have been seen as "unbalancing" and are therefore turned off. However, golden hammers can be useful in competitive play for a number of reasons.

First off, when a golden hammer is in use, the user can l-cancel, wavedash, and momentum cancel all at the same time.

Second off, golden hammers are weak to an extent where if a user had a golden hammer and fights with one, it would be effectless anyways.

Overall, golden hammers can be used to tech in competitive play. Also, golden hammers have no ending lag either. Thanks for reading my proposal.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Second off, golden hammers are weak to an extent where if a user had a golden hammer and fights with one, it would be effectless anyways.
Aside from the fact that the Golden Hammer is incredibly over powered in terms of damage & Knockback
and you can hover with it
and it has a random chance of leaving you as a sitting duck with no double or triple jump to save you
and that you can't change the Item Frequency in Smash 3DS
this just might wo-who am I kidding

AngusTheMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Lexproco
3DS FC
4871-3301-6748
Warning Received
Aside from the fact that the Golden Hammer is incredibly over powered in terms of damage & Knockback
and you can hover with it
and it has a random chance of leaving you as a sitting duck with no double or triple jump to save you
and that you can't change the Item Frequency in Smash 3DS
this just might wo-who am I kidding
You obviously do not get competitive play. In order for the game to be fun, there has to be 10,000 techniques or else I'm returning my copy.

I figured all of these golden hammer techs in my mom's basement (I'm 32 and I live there and have nothing better to do than find useless techs)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You obviously do not get competitive play. In order for the game to be fun, there has to be 10,000 techniques or else I'm returning my copy.

I figured all of these golden hammer techs in my mom's basement (I'm 32 and I live there and have nothing better to do than find useless techs)
...If Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection was working I would show you how I play Samus.
And you do not wanna see me when I'm Brawl Samus.
However, Missle Cancelling isn't in Smash 4 and I don't even own the game yet, so I will have to wait to kick your buttox. Probably as Ness. Because Irony hurts when served piping hot.

And prepare to return your copy, since 10,000 Techniques won't be possible until Smash has atleast 100 Fighters in the roster, and even then it probably won't happen.

Also, Go see the world, get a job, a wife, a nice house, probably with 2 floors, a family, all that jazz. Smash is a good thing to love, but "Nothing Better to do" isn't much of an excuse. Especially at your age.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
This thread will be far and away from any sincerity or substantial content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom