• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PRONUNCIAMENTO TO FIX PALUTENAS COUNTER!

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Dear Palutena mainer, dear Palutena players!

I think you all know of the counter problem with Lady Palutena. Thats why I prepared a video for you! I would develope more videos like that. Because of the counter bug its impossible to counter against the opponent. That can't be true!!!! In my opinion we should team up!

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvWQmtvw9I

Guys: I propose to myself: To fix the problem in this video. And here are the steps:

1. Spreading it in Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse (Palutena >SUPPORT< Community).

2. To collect all Palutena players here. Only together we can solve the problem.

3. If we are enough we arrenge an appointment to write at the patch team. What I want to say is:

>>>> This thread does have an AMBITION and a structure <<<<

Don't forget that Bayonetta was nerfed because MANY people write to the patch team / Nintendo that Bayonetta is to strong!

And don't forget: If we don't do anything we'll still fight with this counter. Day after day and year after year.

I'm sure we'll do it.

Please write here for suggestions! Everyone is important.

Last edited:

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
IS IT REALLY A BUG!? it that why I'm always getting hit?. now that I think about it this would make allot of sense. Ive definetly run into the direction error before and it's very annoying. According to the hitbox thread the hitbox should have hit so maybe that's a glitch in itself. There's also this **** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zffoNWqK0xs

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The blinking-before-counter isn't a bug, it's just misleadingly coded. The counter's been deliberately coded to begin on frame 10, while the blinking's coded for frame 4. On the bright side, Palutena's counter has invincibility at the same time the active frames start and invincibility comes with a bluish blink instead of the usual white, so there is still a visual cue.

Not turning to counter is caused by facing restrictions and isn't Palutena exclusive. Moves with facing restrictions will only hit you in the direction they're coded to, regardless of what side of the other player you're on. Yoshi Bomb is one of those moves, so if Yoshi's facing right and hits you, you'll face left no matter what. If you try to counter as any character on his left side, you'll counter left and miss because of that. That's maybe something that should be patched, but it's avoidable if you know what moves work that way.

Counter's hitbox is actually pretty large, but it doesn't hit below her...

...so it's really just bad positioning here. Counter Surge is the only counter that would be hitting Marth there.

IS IT REALLY A BUG!? it that why I'm always getting hit?. now that I think about it this would make allot of sense. Ive definetly run into the direction error before and it's very annoying. According to the hitbox thread the hitbox should have hit so maybe that's a glitch in itself. There's also this **** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zffoNWqK0xs
This I won't defend though because no other counter has a 20 BKB sourspot lol

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
That facing restriction is very stupid. As for the visual cue that is also stupid and misleading and should still be fixed to be correct. Do all counters have a visual cue on frame 5? because if not that hints that her counter should be frame 5 which would make allot more sense for how weak it is. they also need to fix the BKB on this move It's literally the only one that can be grabbed with or without rage.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That facing restriction is very stupid. As for the visual cue that is also stupid and misleading and should still be fixed to be correct. Do all counters have a visual cue on frame 5? because if not that hints that her counter should be frame 5 which would make allot more sense for how weak it is. they also need to fix the BKB on this move It's literally the only one that can be grabbed with or without rage.
Greninja and Corrin do, Ike Shulk and Roy don't.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I really agree with PHP. Its extremly annoying to get hit because the counter doesn't work decent. Every counter character can counter correctly. Only Palutena not. Fast characters like Captain Falcon or Marth can incessant attack Palutena withhout to be fear to be countered. In my opinion this should be fixed. Since Super Smash Bros Melee every character had a smal startup. 2 Generations later (Super Smash Bros Wii U / 3DS) Palutena is the only one with a counter that got to high startup. She needs a fast counter otherwise Palutena can't defend herself almost useless. I think every Palutena player wish a better counter.

Guys do you think we could collect a lot of Palutena gamers in this thread to solve the problem? We do have the opportunity and I think we should use it.

Last edited:

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
Well you do bring up a good point... but Palutena isn't the only character with a useless move.
You'd also need to bring justice to:
Bowser Jr.'s Neutral Special, possibly the worst projectile in the game
Little Mac's KO Punch Whiff
Jigglypuff's Everything (but sing and rollout are the worst ones)
Link's Forward and Back Air (which are easily two of the worst aerials in the game)
Greninja's Counter (which has needed a fix for a very long time)
All of Mii Gunner and Duck Hunt's Smash Attacks (that can be SDI'd out of)
Roy's Blazer, which has always had a lot of problems (also an unjustified bad recovery, but that's not a fix)
Pac-Man's Grab (really, really mesed up)
Robin's Grab (also really, really messed up)
Zelda's Lots of Stuff (but it's not as bad now)

And maybe other stuff, but I can't think of them.

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
What the hell is so bad about links bair or fair? Especially fair has a good amount of killpower and both moves doesn't have much landing lag.

Robins Grab doesn't need a buff either. She has one of the best kill confirms out of her grab it is justified that it has Ganon range.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
I'd also argue Greninja's counter still has some uses. Not only can you reappear from any direction after vanishing but it allows for so many other mix up options. You can use it to retreat from your opponent if you need to get out of a bad situation, catching them by surprise to starting a possible combo string by appearing in front of them, behind, below, or above, and there's the fact that you can use it as another means of recovering if you're being edge guarded especially by projectiles.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can pretty much say that unless you can hack Palutena's moveset data, Counter will always feel underwhelming, even at the higher damage percentages. In fact, a few weeks ago, I actually took the time to fix up Counter's knockback power...

6B: [ACA0F21E]
Script:{
WHOLE_HIT(Unknown=0x1)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=5)
Extended_Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=10, Unknown=0x169, Unknown=0x64, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x30, Unknown=7, Unknown=0, Unknown=10.5, Unknown=13, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0, Unknown=1.5, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0, Unknown=10.5, Unknown=14.5)
Extended_Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=10, Unknown=0x169, Unknown=0x60, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x30, Unknown=9, Unknown=0, Unknown=10.5, Unknown=9, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0, Unknown=1.5, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0, Unknown=10.5, Unknown=20)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=7)
WHOLE_HIT(Unknown=0x0)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=8)
Remove_All_Hitboxes()
Script_End()
}

A weak Counter has changed into a strong KO maker if you block anything that's highly damaging; Counter something like Super Dedede Jump, and Dedede can go bye-bye. Of course, Countering weaker attacks (such as Dr. Tornado and Flare Blitz before its explosion) won't exactly KO anyone until their damage reaches the higher values.

Last edited:
Top Bottom