• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ProjectM 3.6 loads but sends me back to wii menu

moptoptrev

Smash Rookie
Ok so I managed to launch project M but when I select play it returns me to the wii menu

My wii u and Game are NTSC
No gamecube memory cards inserted
No custom stages on wii or sd card
Sd card is not HC, is 2 go and was formated FAT32
I also tried replacing the boot for the gecko one

Still does not work

It also seems as though the disk suddenly stops turning when I press on play...

Narpas_sword

sounds harder than usb loading.
and more dangerous to your wii.

you could try cleaning the disc certainly, but anything involving getting into the wii itself or inserting a foreign object to clean is a pretty bad idea.

moptoptrev

Smash Rookie
So had my wii cleaned. Now my wii never fails to recognize the disk (which I was experiencing frequently before the clean up) but still does the same thing for project m. I press play, the wii stops running and brings me back to the wii menu

moptoptrev

Smash Rookie
So found a solution that was posted somewhere on here. Replacing the boot file by the boot file found in gecko works. It might send a message that the dvd can't be found but pressing b and trying again a few times launches project m. The project M launcher might work too but since the menu brings you back straight to the wii menu it takes longer to have a successful launch do to having to restart the whole process many times.

TLDR: Replace the project m boot file by the gecko boot file

Top Bottom