• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectiles that can be canceled with Little Mac's jab (or ftilt)

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, this is a list of projectiles of low priority projectiles that can be cancelled with any of Little Mac's grounded attacks, concentrating in jab and ftilt because they are the easier to connect:

-Mario's Fireballs.

-Luigi's Fireballs.

-Dr. Mario's Pills.

-Peach's Turnips.

-Toon Links' arrows and Boomerang, his bombs explodes on contact so is better to shield them.

-Link's arrows if they are not completely charged, when they are completely charged somehow they can't be nullified by his punches, but that's not much of a problem because you can just crouch or even better, dash under them. You can't cancel his boomerang on start-up, but when the start-up of the boomerang is over you can cancel them with jab or ftilt.

-Lucario's Aura ball, but just if it's not charged or middle charged.

-Samus's Charge shot same like Lucario, not charge or middle charged. Can also nullify her rockets with jab and ftilt.

-Greninja's uncharged Water shurikens are hard ones, you can't cancel them with jab or ftilt because they go to low, you can cancel them with dtilt though. You can nullify the middle charged ones because they do get to your punches but completely charged can't be nullified.

-Diddy Kong's Peanuts can't be cancelled with jab but they can be cancelled with ftilt, no matter the charge. It's a little hard though because of how fast it goes in full charge.

-Ness's up b (The thunder).

-Megaman's jab and crash bomber. I wasn't able to cancel his metal blade cause it kinda pierce through.

-Pacman's bonus fruit, but just the weak ones. Was able to thorw away his Fire Hydrant with ftilt.

-Palutena's auto-retical is wierd... sometimes it nullify them, sometimes it doesn't. But most of the times it doesn't so is not a safe way to go.

-Pikachu's Thundershock... personally this one is the more annoying projectile in the game, luckily Mac's jab can nullify them, but for it bouncing effect sometimes it will go exactly under your jab and get to you, so one of the best strategies is to jab one and shield the other, and same with all the others or simply ftilt them while getting closer him.

-Olimar's Pikmins, if you jab them you'll hit them multiple times, but sometimes some of them will get to you, you'll hit them with your jab too though. When you hit them with your ftilt you'll throw them away, but this one i think is easier with the jab.

-Robin's Thunder and Elthunder with jab or ftilt, can't nullify Arcthunder or obviously Thoron. If you jab or ftilt his Arcfire just in time it will burn away from you, but be careful anyway because it's final hit have a bigger hitbox than usual.

-Villager's Lloyd Rocket can also be nullified with either jab or ftilt. Can also nullify his fair.

-Wii Fit Trainer's unchaged or middle charged sun solutation. Can also throw away her Soccer Ball with ftilt, but the angle sometimes make it difficult.

-King DeDeDe's Gordo Throws, can't be jabed but it can be ftilted to throw it back at him.

-Bowser Jr's Koopa Cannon if not completely charged can be nullified with either jab or ftilt, if it is completely charged you can see it coming from forever ago and either cancel it with fsmash or just dodge it. Can also add that you can grab his walking mecha koopa if it's close enough to you just by pressing "A" buttom and have it like an item.

-Duck Hunt's Frisbee just by jabbing or ftit (ftilt's better because it has longer horizontal reach), sometimes the little explosions will get to you but doing minor damage, and most of the times they won't. The Can... this one i'm happy about, but the hardest one to do in my opinion. Duck Hunt's will almost always try to throw the can at you from above by shooting to it multiple times and then let it fall to you, you're best option is to roll backwards wait for it to hit the ground and then ftilt it or dsmash it, you will hit the can throw it away and luckily hitting the dog with it. Also if you hit the can and it's still on stage the dogs shots will make it go to the side you send it, but be aware he just need to hit it himself to change it's direction again. If he tries to hit you with it from the ground with constant shots you should wait for it to touch the ground to hit it, Be Aware that if you hit it while his shooting at it it will explode to you, so max range and good timing are the Key.

-Mr. Game and Watch's projectile, can be cancelled with jab or ftilt, sometimes the angle make it difficult so it's better to use utilt.

-Zero Suit Samus's Stun Gun no matter how charged it is, i'm happy about this one too.

Projectiles that are transcendent or with bigger priority:

-Shiek's Needless.

-Pit's and Dark Pit arrows.

-Fox's and Falco's Laser.

-Bowser's and Charizard's Firebreath.

-Ness's Pk Fire, it goes to low to the ground and even when you dtilt them they burn where you hit them, and most of the times the fire get's to you.

-Yoshi's egg throws.

-Rob's Laser.

And normal fully charged projectiles too powerful to cancel.

I probably missed some of the projectiles, you can tell me so when i have time i test them, or you can test them yourselves and tell me your results to add it to the OP.

I hope this helps Little Mac in some Mu's and give him better options against some of the more campy characters.

Edit: Sorry @redfeatherraven i had the time to do it and i just couldn't resist, you could help me with some of the projectiles i didn't put or any mistake i could of made, i would be thankful still :)

Last edited:

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
No problem! I just want to all the Little Macs to have an even better time :)

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Ever since P:M i've been forgetting I can do that to ZSS' paralyzer. Also you can clash with needles? I thought they were transcendent. :o

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
They are, sorry :/ i so wanted Little Mac to be able to nullify them, it would of help a lot in this Mu

I put them in the part that says "There are some projectiles it doesn't work"

But today i fought a really good Sheik player that combo'ed me and grabbed me and gimped me to death, but i still won, that's a good sign...

Ok it was for a lucky KO punch but heck, it's still a good sign xD

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Useful stuff here. Thanks for the info. This will definitely help against projectile campy characters

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Side-B can't get past Pikachu's Thundershock. Will use Jabs and F-tilts from now on.
I got through it just fine. It depends when you do the jolt haymaker. There is only a short sweet spot of invincibility towards projectiles for his side B

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Haha oh my god, i'm sooo sorry xD I wrote it in spanish (my real language) when i was supposed to write it in english, i just get confused sometimes... mostly because a wrote all this from my cellphone x.x

But i already edited it and also added some other projectiles i missed :)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Rob's Laser is transcendent. Actually, almost all lasers in Smash are transcendent. Transcendent hitboxes are hitboxes that do not interact with other hitboxes. Therefore, that means you cannot hit Rob's laser, but it cannot cancel our your attacks either. They will just go through each other. This is one of the things that made Falco so strong in both Melee and Brawl. His lasers could not be cancelled out, so if you're not close to Falco, you MUST block or dodge them.

Gyro follows the laws of priority, but it's also an item, and has a Hurtbox, and both of those things have properties of their own.

Last edited:

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, his Laser is Transcendent. His Gyro if not charged (and comes horizontally to you) a jab of ftilt will cancel it. If it's fully charged and you jab it you'll hit it multiple times until it disappears. It's better to shield it though because in the process he can punish you with any ranged attack or aerial.

Thanks Peirce for the link, it made me understand better how the hitboxes and priority works.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Emmm... what? His not a dude? o.o

Sorry xD My english... already edited all this kind of mistakes, thanks.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Nat, what did you think Zero Suit Samus was! haha.

but this is quite helpful. I remembered this last night against Pikachu, was pretty cool. I think I also saw a post or thread about his dash avoiding some projectiles too, in which case Mac can dash under uncharged Samus power beam (and I'm kind of assuming Lucario's baby aura spheres).

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Emm you know... a cool BFF partner to hangout? .w.

Nah, i was just kidding about that haha. Is just that in that time i wasn't sure how that was ment to be written ('his' or 'her'), now i know but i still need to practice more my english x.x

But i'm so happy it helped you Ndayday, Pikachu's Thundershock is personally the more annoying projectile to me and is good to have that pressure off :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom