• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project64k enough Ignorance

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Project64 K from 2003, was compiled Project64 1.4 source with kaillera... If any of you have tried to compile kaillera to 1.4 in the past you probably know, it's not as easy as just following MAME's example. You will be unable to play in sync with anything, if you can even get the emulation to play online that is. So, It's safe to assume hotpocket specifically made PJ64k with those plugins Azimer's Audio (Old Driver) and Jabo7 because he probably figured it was more stable with the modifications he made to use the same plugins, and he was right. Later on when Vista Came out, Jabo7 wasn't an option anymore so we had to rename our plugin, and thus creating the first Altered Project64k. It worked fine, people with jabo7 were able to play people with jabo8. A few years later, someone Hex Edits Project64k's default plugins and changes it, this is where they ****ed the emulator up. When you hex edit something, you are literally changing the file, and when you save and execute these edits to the file you are not only changing the raw parts of the program but you are also creating expectations that are not handled by the program. Thus creating the known "Audio Plugin couldn't be found or GFX couldn't be found". So, in order to prevent this, we open the file in an assembly editor, and we basically do the same thing but account for the expectation that the program may try to handle, and we handle it for it. So we can basically change the source of the program not just modify existing raw data.

Now, for Project64k7ve or whatever,.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This was done using a Resource editor, a program that ****s up Project64k horribly, I don't care what program you use, they all recompile the executable with faulty markings to show that resource editor was there. Typically the resource editor was used to Fix/Create Shortcuts and Menu placement such as Gameshark codes being under system and not options. Now In my case, I've already went around a resource editor and did everything manually. Instead of adding 'credits' and adding new information the file, I just denied the entire option of ABOUT Project64k all together.

You ignorant fools bash PJ64k.Blogspot.com and say "oh it will lag/ds" when I've accounted for all the faulty modifications YOU people have done and not fixed. Some people probably have had this happen, You join the server and you are automatically Desyncing with other people. I've figured this out too, it's not your RSP plugin (which if changed, will do the same thing) It's your audio. Boomfan brought up "Your audio plugin makes it DS" the audio plugin being different (and the GFX being the same) could cause problems, and I've accounted for that as well. I've tested WIRELESS connection with the original HLE audio against someone else, and I played just fine, until my 4th match when I DS/Lagged out (Which always happens wirelessly). So then I tried JAbo 1.6 (the one that lets you adjust the volume) against HLE then Jabo 1.6 audio as well. With Different Audios (me Jabo, they HLE Default) I was still able to play just fine. When we tried Jabo 1.6 on Jabo 1.6 it worked fine again, as it did with HLE against someone (idk their audio). What this tells me, is that the audio plugin, can be optional and there is better audio plugins than the original HLE. However, there is always my Wireless connection that could have played a random role in this, causing me to "automatically ds" or DS very soon. I'm still sure the Audio plugins are fine, but for the rule of thumb, HLE audio would be the 'safest' choice as it was originally intended to be used.

People will automatically desync, because of Server connection and their connection. In these cases, you get WIRED and get on EXC instead of LAN. You will not desync anymore, if you continue to then change servers, you will not desync anymore. If you continue to, restart project64k and try it again, now you wil not Desync anymore. If you still do, you're router is ****.

Stop making ignorant assumptions. Now that I've explained all of this, maybe people like KNITEPHOX, can delete their 'working' Faulty project64k and get on the one I provide right at www.pj64k.blogspot.com

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
doesn't that version have a virus in it
This, give people a ****in clean version without the excuse of a "false positive" like so many people who write these things like to use. Clean or no use. It doesn't help that your reputation is less than stellar as well from how you act constantly, what reason did you ever personally give us to trust you?

Madao

Lol so this kid put viruses in his version of pjk64k? I wish you guys told me sooner. Respect lost smh... I also found out he tried to take credit for other people's work.

So Smasher, what's so special about your version? Simple hex editing is not going to do much benefit.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
A few years later, someone Hex Edits Project64k's default plugins and changes it, this is where they ****ed the emulator up.
Wasn't that you? lol

Anyways, after reading everything, I'm afraid you owe me a new bull**** meter.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Nobody even read what it said,

This, give people a ****in clean version without the excuse of a "false positive" like so many people who write these things like to use. Clean or no use. It doesn't help that your reputation is less than stellar as well from how you act constantly, what reason did you ever personally give us to trust you?
Erm, I've never posted a virus on smashboards or given it out to someone in the smashbros community. I can't help I'm famous for being famous. Idc if you trust me or not, you can reverse engineer the ****ing program your self and see for your self, if your not willing to do that then rely on a Virus Scanner website.

So Smasher, what's so special about your version?
Doesn't use any programs besides an assembly editor to do what needs to be done to let the emulator be played first of all on kaillera on vista on up, and to increase the max cheats and stop the pop up error that comes from hex editing the default plugins.
Everything was done from the file Hotquik released, nothing is fautly to possibly cause any issues on kaillera.

Wasn't that you?.
Nope.

Top Bottom