• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Melee Question

Poo Stain

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I have a question about the type of SD card you have to use for Project melee. First off, this is my first time posting in a forum type of.. thing, so if I am posting this where I shouldn't be, or if I'm doing something wrong, be gentle.

So I just bought a 4gb SDHC card. I am just wondering if this will work to play P:M. I have a hackles wii, btw. Or will I have to install the homebrew channel and use riivolution (Which I don't even know what the hell that means, I read somewhere that if you have an SDHC card, that is what you have to do)?

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Sadly, no, it won't work with the hackless method. The Wii can accept SDHC cards, but that functionality was added after Brawl was released, so the exploit that lets Project M load without hacks won't work with SDHC cards. Something like that anyway.

I don't personally know how to use the hack method, but there are plenty of people who can help. You might have luck asking for some advice in the IRC chat

Top Bottom