• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M won't work on my Wii.

TakuaTheChronicler

Smash Rookie
NNID
RykerJay
Hi! I'm new to Smashboards, and new to these interesting Brawl mods, such as PM. :chuckle:
For some odd reason, no matter how much I repeat the steps, format my SD cards, and make sure there are no stages on Brawl's Stage Builder, Project M never loads. :dizzy:
I'm afraid to try PM on my Wii U, because I don't want to mess things up!
Please help asap!
(Using 2 of the PNY Premium 2GB SD cards by the way, if that helps.)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Welcome to the boards!

Are you sure the cards are 2 GB? PNY cards are notorious for having incorrect labels. To check, right-click the card in your file explorer, click "Properties", and check the capacity.

Last edited:

LE9ION

Smash Rookie
My Project M Isn't working either, I have installed the right file and put it onto the SD and the SD card is 2gb and not the wrong format of sd and is FAT format.

I honestly don't know what is wron. PLEASE HELP!

Narpas_sword

what im trying to see is if you did that step correctly.
It would be great if you went ahead and told me what folders and files you have on the root of your SD card.

Seppo

Smash Rookie
My project M works, like I get the loading screen, but after I have updated it and clicked "play" then it brings me back to the wii-menu

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My project M works, like I get the loading screen, but after I have updated it and clicked "play" then it brings me back to the wii-menu
Try using Gecko OS:

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder
  • Go to "Loader Config"
  • Set SD Cheats to On, and change "Hooktype" to AXNextFrame
  • Save your settings
  • Return to GeckoOS main menu
  • Boot game

Last edited:

Seppo

Smash Rookie
Try using Gecko OS:

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Go to "Loader Config"
  • Change "Hooktype" to AXNextFrame
  • Save your settings
  • Boot game
Alright, but all that does is just reboot brawl. I can't even get into the PM launcher anymore. I got into GeckoOS then hit launch game, then it restarts brawl.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If it's freezing now, that would mean there's a problem with the codes being applied. Try downloading again, and copy over the /codes/ folder to your SD card, overwriting its old contents.

LE9ION

Smash Rookie
Try using Gecko OS:

• Go to "Loader Config"
  • Set SD Cheats to On, and change "Hooktype" to AXNextFrame
  • Save your settings
  • Boot game
Do I have to delete all files

TakuaTheChronicler

Smash Rookie
NNID
RykerJay
Welcome to the boards!

Are you sure the cards are 2 GB? PNY cards are notorious for having incorrect labels. To check, right-click the card in your file explorer, click "Properties", and check the capacity.
Yes, they are 2 GB.
Sorry for not replying, have been busy for a few days. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom