• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M won't load on my friend's wii

Xyleph

Smash Rookie
I went to a friend's house and we've tried to play project M (it would be his first time playing), and after clearing all of the custom stages, the launcher loaded, but with no bgm (sound effects still occured though). After pressing play, the screen went black and the project m safety strap warning never came, nor a loading screen, nothing. This happened for my custom project m 3.6 (where I've only changed two music files), the vanilla hackless 3.6, and the vanilla hackless 3.5 (full codeset).

Here's some more details that might be helpful:

•His wii version was 4.2U
•He had no internet connection
•We removed all gamecube memory cards
•Prior to using my 2GB SD card, we've tried to load project M a week before with a 4GB SD card (nothing happened)
•We're trying to use to hackless method, if you haven't figured out by now
•We've had no luck getting it to work on his wii, but it worked just fine on mine back home (by hackless method once again)

If you need more details, let me know.

Xyleph

Smash Rookie
Can you update the wii system menu?
Can you try a different Sd card?
I don't know about updating the wii system menu (or what you mean by that), but it's the only 2GB SD card we have. The same SD card worked fine on my wii though.

Xyleph

Smash Rookie
I don't know about updating the wii system menu (or what you mean by that), but it's the only 2GB SD card we have. The same SD card worked fine on my wii though.
i've tried updating the wii though and it failed. His Wii is not homebrewed or modified in any way.

Narpas_sword

If the SD card is working on your wii with your disc it seems fair to say that PM isnt the issue.

Leaving the disc and his wii as possible problems.

If the wii disc drive is having issues then it probably wont load pm correctly. Wii disc drives are pretty bad, and Brawl is a dual layer disc that is known to have problems.

Narpas_sword

Uh.. I don't know the state of his wii or disc.

If his disc is scratched yours might work. If his wii is old and the disc drive doesn't work then he could try usb loading.

Get his wii updated first.

Xyleph

Smash Rookie
Uh.. I don't know the state of his wii or disc.

If his disc is scratched yours might work. If his wii is old and the disc drive doesn't work then he could try usb loading.

Get his wii updated first.
I'll try those options, but I don't know how to USB load.

Top Bottom