• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M with USB loader GX

Ricardo Paterno

Smash Rookie
Guys, i can't get my wii to run project M. I'm using USB loader GX to play SSB Brawl and it isn't working. I'm using the homebrew version. I've tried to enable ocarina, tried the hooktype on "use global", "VBI(Default)" and "AXNextFrame" and it simply doesn't work. When I try to start the game all i get is an error saying: "usb1:/codes/RSBE01.gct does not exist! Loading games without cheats." I have no idea about what's this .gct file is and I couldn't find a solution to this error on the internet. Hope you guys can help me out! Thx! :)

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
I had the same problem awhile ago, and it took forever for me to find an answer. Hopefully this will work for you: You're supposed to copy the "codes" folder from your PM and paste it onto your flash drive into the root of your folder.

The hooktype worked with me when I used VBI and AXNextFrame, but you can still toy around with them if it doesn't work.

BlasterMaster11

Smash Rookie
I just leave the hooktype on VBI. Works fine for me. Make sure that you're not using a really out of date USB Loader GX version. I've had trouble with that in the past. And yes, make sure the codes folder from PM is on the root of your SD card.

Narpas_sword

Use AXNextframe. It prevents certain bugs in game.

Ive never had to paste the codes on the USB =/ Brawl iso on the USB and project m on the root of the SD works fine for me.

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
Make sure your code path is set to your SD card, if that is where your codes are; it looks like it's set to a USB hard drive at the moment.

TheDuelfreak

Smash Rookie
Im having an issue where usb loader gx is saying that an RSBE01.gct file isnt there and it will only take it to vanilla brawl. Any help with this?

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
Did you copy the "codes" folder from your build of PM and paste it onto your flash drive into the root of your folder?

Top Bottom