• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M wii (Wiimmfi) online desyncing?

Traceeytrace

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just got Project M yesterday, me and a friend set it up together, him on his Wii, and me on mine. ISOs are legal, ripped from NTSC brawl discs we own. We both downloaded the Homebrew wifi safe set from the PM website, we both use the same version of CFG USB loader, all our files are identical. WinMD5 comes back with the same checksum for both of our ISOs. we have tried loading up our games as WBFS files on WBFS formatted 16GB USBs and we've also tried loading them up as ISOs on NTFS formatted 16GB USBs, but we still encounter the same problem...

The problem is that when we get into a game together online (1v1, 4 stocks, 8 min time limit, Final Destination, No items) we desync after a certain amount of time, usually between 40 seconds and 2 minutes into the match. As you can imagine this is frustrating.

If someone could please help with this, that'd be very appreciated.

And before anyone suggests Dolphin Netplay as an alternative: our PCs can't run PM at anywhere near a decent framerate, so Dolphin Netplay is not a viable alternative.

Sanchees3

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem too, but I found using a Brawl ISO and using the PM files from an SD card works better.

Top Bottom