• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: M Tournaments, Game Advancement, and You!

Zolom

Smash Apprentice
Let me say first off that this is not a tournament listing.

As a community wishing to see more Project: M on stream, in tournaments, and between our friends, its our job to make that happen. No amount of advertising beats "word on the street." This wonderful game will only get the recognition it deserves if we make it happen ourselves. It is our job, as members of the community and advocates of the game, to do our part. All of us want to see more PM, so start making it happen in your town. It doesn't have to be a kick-start attempt into rocketing this game into the gaming world either. Start small, host a tournament, or even a friendly kickback, and post it on the tournament listing page, I guarantee people will show. Post up a tournament anywhere within 100 miles of me and I will be there!

In areas where Melee and Brawl players are many in number (like California) there ought to be tournaments popping up left and right, just as they do for Melee. This game hasn't been around as long, obviously, but if it won this 12-year Melee veteran's heart, it sure will with others, we just have to give them the opportunity to see it in action and begin playing on a tournament/social level. We have a big, awesome community, a community I only recently have been active in and already dub skillful, kind, considerate, professional, and motivated.

As a note from me, I would gladly host if I had the finances to afford a venue. That said, I will still gladly help anyone within the SoCal area host a tournament. I may not have the finances, or a massive number of participants, but I work well with people and organize things well. Feel free to message me if hosting a tournament is something you would like to do, and receive help and support with.

Thanks, folks and happy smashing!
-Zolom

Top Bottom