• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M simply wont work

lethal shock

Smash Rookie
I am able to get to the PM launch screen and when I press play, it black screens. I gave my sd card to my friend and he reinstalled it to my SD card and it worked fine on his wii. When i tried it on mine again, it didn't work still.
Here's what I've tried so far....
-Formatted my wii
-Deleted all saved data on brawl
-Deleted all custom stages
-Checked brawl disks for scratches, there are none noticeable
The wii was bought in 2008 and it plays other games just fine, the brawl disk also plays fine but PM simply won't work no matter what I try...
Any suggestions?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Have you tried using Gecko OS?

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder
  • Go to "Loader Config"
  • Change "Hooktype" to AXNextFrame
  • Save your settings
  • Return to GeckoOS main menu
  • Boot game

lethal shock

Smash Rookie
Have you tried using Gecko OS?

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder
  • Go to "Loader Config"
  • Change "Hooktype" to AXNextFrame
  • Save your settings
  • Return to GeckoOS main menu
  • Boot game
For right now I want to understand why exactly PM isn't working for me as it is right now. It doesn't make much sense and I don't want to risk messing up the gecko download and being in a worse possession than before. If there isn't one and I can't find a simpler solution then I'll try this. Thanks :)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The situation you're describing has come up countless times in the past, and will continue to come up time and again, and this has fixed it most times. It's something to do with differences in the system software between Wii consoles, that means the PM launcher will work for some, but not for others, and there doesn't seem to be any way to fix the PM launcher itself - so the only option is an alternative, such as Gecko OS.
Besides, if it doesn't work for you, and you haven't modified any of Project M's files, then all you have to do is download it again and start over. None of this makes any permanent changes to your system.

Last edited:

lethal shock

Smash Rookie
The situation you're describing has come up countless times in the past, and will continue to come up time and again, and this has fixed it most times. It's something to do with differences in the system software between Wii consoles, that means the PM launcher will work for some, but not for others, and there doesn't seem to be any way to fix the PM launcher itself - so the only option is an alternative, such as Gecko OS.
Besides, if it doesn't work for you, and you haven't modified any of Project M's files, then all you have to do is download it again and start over. None of this makes any permanent changes to your system.
it worked great, sorry for doubting this solution. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom