• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M resetting brawl when pressing play

Spryth

Smash Rookie
So recently a couple friends of mine told me about project m and filled me in on what it was. I decided to download the mod, and went through each step as written. I have a standard 2 gb sd card. I'm fairly familiar with mods and files, and I know how sensitive coding can be. For some reason, every time I try to extract the nohomebrew zipped file while in the sd card, I'll get multiple errors saying there is an I/O device error(certain moves for characters. Ex. FitLucario01.pac). Even if I skip through those files, once I get to 100% it will cancel and tell me that it was unable to extract because the file was corrupt. I've tried every version available, including the hacked(even though my wii isn't hacked). Now, I can extract it on my desktop, but when I go to copy it to the sd card I run into the same problem. I've been unable to find any solutions for this issue. Now, even though those errors kept popping up, I decided to pop it into my wii to see if it would run even without some files. I was able to get to the start menus of project m, But when I pressed play, it turned black and then restarted brawl. I've tried every solution I could find, including Gecko OS and reformatting my sd card (I even formatted it to FAT just to see if it would be any different from FAT32). Right now my sd card has the codes, private, and parts of the project m folder in it, boot.elf, and the game config. I've also tried deleting the project m folder and putting the zipped nohomebrew in the card as a replacement, and I get the same result.

Sorry for the lengthy read, but I'd really like to play this mod, and I don't want there to be any confusion for anybody that may have an answer. Any help would be great.

Spryth

Smash Rookie
try downloading it on your friend's computer.
When I try I on a different computer winrar sends me a diagnostic message saying "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". Referring to the nohomebrew.zip

Top Bottom