• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patch ISO won't Copy to Flashdrive

notoriousbhr

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to copy my Patched Porject M ISO to my fat 32 flashdrive it says file is too large (7.7GB) but I have 11.7 GB free, any know how to fix this problem?

Also I have a Windows message saying that my flashdrive needs to be repaired (which is probably the problem), is it safe to repair without losing anything? I have my 20xx on it and don't want to lose it.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The problem is that you're trying to copy a file larger than 4 GB to a FAT drive. FAT drives can only hold files up to 4 GB in size. You'll need to re-format the drive as NTFS for it to work (make sure to back up your data first).

notoriousbhr

Smash Rookie
The problem is that you're trying to copy a file larger than 4 GB to a FAT drive. FAT drives can only hold files up to 4 GB in size. You'll need to re-format the drive as NTFS for it to work (make sure to back up your data first).
Will a NTFS flashdrive work for loading things like Nintendont and GX loader?

Narpas_sword

pretty sure nintendont can use ntfs.

either way, you should load a vanilla brawl iso and have the PM files on SD, it's much simpler when you need to upgrade to 3.6

notoriousbhr

Smash Rookie
Not sure on Nintendont, but it definitely works for USB Loader GX.
I have both Nintendont and GX loader. Do I need to have the project M ISO in a special folder insinde the flash drive or can I just have it in the root directory?

Thanks for you help btw, really appreciate it!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
/wbfs/RSBE01/RSBE01.iso for a plain Brawl ISO

If the patcher changed the game's ID6, then probably /wbfs/RSBEPM/RSBEPM.iso (the patcher's instructions should tell you if it changed this)

Narpas_sword

i know nintendont needs its files a particular way.
gx i think you need a wfbs folder? not sure. best to look at the usbloader page.

damnit moydow. every time.

Last edited:

notoriousbhr

Smash Rookie
I have now run into an issue with WBFS loader! I format the flashdrive, select the ISO, add it to the drive and after 20 minutes of loading it, it corrupts the drive.

notoriousbhr

Smash Rookie
what wfbs loader?

you can just use windows explorer to put the iso on the usb
Was following this guide, http://www.instructables.com/id/How...SBLoader-GX-on-43/step2/Getting-USBLoader-GX/ told me to format drive so iso could be added properly.

Now that isn't even my biggest problem. I reformatted to NTFS and put all my files (apps nintendont and gx loader, games 20xx) and the homebrew wouldn't have any apps. I reformatted back to fat32 and it worked fine. Looks like having Project M and 20XX on the same flashdrive isn't something easily done..

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Use Wii Backup loader to transfer the iso file onto the Fat32 usb. It will split the ISO into two files under 4 gigabytes each so they do not conflict with the 4 Gigabyte file limit that Fat32 instates. This can be read by most USB Loaders, USB Loader GX and Config Iso Loader included. In this way you can have both Gamecube and Wii Games on the same drive, the Wii games in the "wbfs" folder and the Gamecube games in the "games" folder. I'll post a screenshot of what my folder structure is like when I get home.

Last edited:

notoriousbhr

Smash Rookie
Use Wii Backup loader to transfer the iso file onto the Fat32 usb. It will split the ISO into two files under 4 gigabytes each so they do not conflict with the 4 Gigabyte file limit that Fat32 instates. This can be read by most USB Loaders, USB Loader GX and Config Iso Loader included. In this way you can have both Gamecube and Wii Games on the same drive, the Wii games in the "wbfs" folder and the Gamecube games in the "games" folder. I'll post a screenshot of what my folder structure is like when I get home.
I'd really appreciate the screenshot whenever you can! Thanks for the help.

notoriousbhr

Smash Rookie
Here you go:

Root Folder

Wii Games go inside the WBFS folder and Gamecube Games go inside the games folder.

Example of inside of WBFS Folder

Brawl/PM Folder

Use Wii Backup Manager to place it on the drive, it'll split it for you. Hope it all goes well!
Thanks for posting your file! Which ISO loader do you use? I'm using GX loader right now and I'm getting the message "USB failing to initialize".

Top Bottom