• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M on Dolphin

Pandemix

Smash Rookie
First off me and my buddies want to start playing a lot of project M since we love fighting games and SSB is ****ing amazing. We DLed SSBB for the Dolphin emulator as well as Project M and got both to work so far. We want to play over the internet with one of us hosting and were wondering if that is even possible and if anyone has done that. We have also come across a problem with this where we boot up Project M it gives us a notice saying we don't have enough memory space making it unable for us to even hit the play online button.

So the question: Has anyone played project M via the dolphin emulator and has been able to play online?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Sorry, i cant answer your original question. But ive always been curious about playing project M on dolphin, is there any lag? does it crash often?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
According to Brawl's dolphin wiki, it's got a couple of minor issues but none that directly affect gameplay. Master Pieces don't work, saving screenshots in-game is messed up (but you shouldn't be doing that in an emulator anyways), and depending on the rip of the game (whether your own or another), the SSE videos are often removed resulting in nothing except the character select screen (it's still playable though).

I believe file placements for a couple of things are weird for Dolphin but I don't quite remember what.

Pandemix

Smash Rookie
Yeah for the Project M on the Dolphin it runs smoothly and only few minor problems mainly with the audio. We tinkered around with it for awhile today and still unsuccessful at being able to play it online. For the most part I believe we will just play Melee until someone else finds a way or we do to play Project M via the emulator so I will try to keep this thread posted if we do find anything.

Novo

Smash Rookie
Heyo, I play PM on Dolphin often. I used this vidjo in order to set it up: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP03UBBcqvw
It crashes sometimes and audio can be a little iffy but it works.
Disregard that I suck dingus's and don't know how to read.

Pandemix

Smash Rookie
Update: Project M runs as smooth as normal Brawl, so basically it is fine just a little glitchy. For the playing online we still haven't found a way for project M so if anyone does find out let me know.

Top Bottom