• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M on Dolphin 4.0 Audio problem

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Whenever i'm playing Project M through Gecko on Dolphin version 4.0 and upwards the audio becomes terribly disorted, this only happens when i try to play through Gecko. And for some reason on Dolphin 3.5 the audio is perfect, but for 4.0 and upwards this problem is present.

I have an ISO built, but the reason i'm using Gecko is because i'm using a pack for Project M called "Project M+"

So i would appreciate if there really was a way to get rid of this audio problem, because i rather not go back to my Wii just to play it.

Any advice?

Zeldastriker

Smash Apprentice
Have you tried switching between HLE and LLE audio? Switching the backend? Also, does that pack use any custom brstms or sound effects?

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Have you tried switching between HLE and LLE audio? Switching the backend? Also, does that pack use any custom brstms or sound effects?
Yeah it has custom music, and i did try switching between HLE and LLE but the problem still stays. But it turns out the audio problem stopped after i downloaded a Development Version of Dolphin 4.0

I don't know why the official version of Dolphin has this problem, oh well. Thanks for the advice anyway!

Y-L

Smash Champion
Yeah it has custom music, and i did try switching between HLE and LLE but the problem still stays. But it turns out the audio problem stopped after i downloaded a Development Version of Dolphin 4.0

I don't know why the official version of Dolphin has this problem, oh well. Thanks for the advice anyway!
The stable version is very outdated and it's not really "official" since it is open source. There has been over 3000 revisions so always use the dev versions.

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
The stable version is very outdated and it's not really "official" since it is open source. There has been over 3000 revisions so always use the dev versions.
I now have the same problem for project m 3.6 beta however It didn't get fixed by switching the dolphin 4.0 emulator to a development build or by switching HLE to LLE. Plz need help

Last edited:
Top Bottom