• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M issue....

rob778899

Smash Rookie
Ok so here it is in a nutshell. i've been playing Project m (hackless version) on my wii U sense 2014, and i've gotten my fair share of errors. from crashing, to glitching, to freezing all are far to common for me. simply cause I've gotten used to them naturally as time went by.

But sadly, I've meet my match. not more then a week ago i was messing around with skins, and mods with my Project M (i had already imported many skins far before, icluding BP and CPs.) so i was fairly confident with my exp. but sadly, it backfired... badly.

So, i need the communities help asap. Alright, so i'm clicking "stage builder" on my smash game, SD card is in, everything running perfectly, and the black screen pops up as usually. then, the screen go's all green static on me like it usually does, and the project M title screen appears. EVERYTHING WORKING FLAWLESSLY. i give it a few seconds to get the mod going before pressing play.... AND......

it fails .-. LITERALLY, instead of Project M loading like it's suppose to, it loads BRAWL INSTEAD! has anyone ever even encountered this :OO. I've tried reloading the SD card on to my wii U repeatedly, Reformatting the damn thing. HECK, I've re downloaded Project M all together on to me SD card, AND STILL!

It just keeps on loading brawl instead... WHICH honestly leads me to believe it's a problem with the SD card... but SERIOUSLY i had played Project M on the same god damn SD for almost 2 years. and we all know how hard it is to come by a 2GB SD card now a days...

PLEASE, if anyone knows ANYTHING about this, PLEASSSEEE inform me. you don't know how much joy i felt playing as shadow the hedgehog over fox, and wrecking all my buds, or trolling them all with Palkia over Donkey Kong, and ramming them all of the stage... I simply can't let this happen.

Ik someone out their must have the answer. One last time, please: help me play Project M again. Thank you

rob778899, Tuesday at 5:01 PM

person66

Smash Cadet
After brawl loads is the character select screen still layed out like Project M (i.e. has zero-suit samus, pokemon trainer is replaced with the 3 different pokemon, etc.) or is it the original Brawl layout? If it is the Project M layout then the codes are loading, but for some reason the files themselves aren't being loaded from the SD, are you sure that there is a pf folder in SD:/projectm/ that has all the replacement brawl files?. If it is the Brawl layout then nothing is being loaded, and either RSBE01.gct is missing from your codes folder, or it is an issue with the SD card... You could try using Gecko OS instead of the Project M launcher, some people find that works better, just replace the boot.elf with Gecko OS's boot.elf (or boot.dol, just make sure the Project M boot.elf is deleted first).

Alternatively, since the Project M launcher is still loading fine from SD, I assume the homebrew channel installer should load fine as well, so you could hack the vWii and then use an SDHC card, since they are a lot easier to come by.

rob778899

Smash Rookie
After brawl loads is the character select screen still layed out like Project M (i.e. has zero-suit samus, pokemon trainer is replaced with the 3 different pokemon, etc.) or is it the original Brawl layout? If it is the Project M layout then the codes are loading, but for some reason the files themselves aren't being loaded from the SD, are you sure that there is a pf folder in SD:/projectm/ that has all the replacement brawl files?. If it is the Brawl layout then nothing is being loaded, and either RSBE01.gct is missing from your codes folder, or it is an issue with the SD card... You could try using Gecko OS instead of the Project M launcher, some people find that works better, just replace the boot.elf with Gecko OS's boot.elf (or boot.dol, just make sure the Project M boot.elf is deleted first).

Alternatively, since the Project M launcher is still loading fine from SD, I assume the homebrew channel installer should load fine as well, so you could hack the vWii and then use an SDHC card, since they are a lot easier to come by.
Ok, i checked and yes the Project M layout completely replaces brawls if i click play on SSBB. And i kinda had a feeling it was the SD card honestly. I literally re-downloaded Project M 3.6 like.... 5 times at least xD. So i rlly couldn't of been missing any specific files like that... I'll try that Gecko method tho, thanks a ton. I'll personally let you know if the issue get's resolved.

rob778899

Smash Rookie
nope ;(. it simply just keeps loading brawl still! it's honestly so sad.... i basically straight up know it's an issue with my SD card now. I'm ganna have to go buy a replacement on ebay or something. ty so much for responding, bye

person66

Smash Cadet
nope ;(. it simply just keeps loading brawl still! it's honestly so sad.... i basically straight up know it's an issue with my SD card now. I'm ganna have to go buy a replacement on ebay or something. ty so much for responding, bye
Like I said though, if you are willing to install the homebrew channel then you can load project m off of an sdhc card, since they are a lot easier to get a hold of. You should just be able to download the hackmii installer and then copy the boot.elf from there to the root of your sd card (your 2gb card). Then just load it through the stage builder exploit, and the installer should launch. It will show you a scam warning screen for like 30 seconds, then it should let you continue to the installer. Once the homebrew channel is installed, you can put the homebrew version of Project M on an SD (or SDHC) and then launch it from the homebrew channel.

Last edited:

rob778899

Smash Rookie
Like I said though, if you are willing to install the homebrew channel then you can load project m off of an sdhc card, since they are a lot easier to get a hold of. You should just be able to download the hackmii installer and then copy the boot.elf from there to the root of your sd card (your 2gb card). Then just load it through the stage builder exploit, and the installer should launch. It will show you a scam warning screen for like 30 seconds, then it should let you continue to the installer. Once the homebrew channel is installed, you can put the homebrew version of Project M on an SD (or SDHC) and then launch it from the homebrew channel.
OH MY LORD! i got it working :DD. it was the SD card all along! i decided to try the homebrew method like you had recommended, and BAM it worked! i'm currently using an 8 gigabit SD card (so convenient) and everything seems to be running just fine :D.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! i wish the best 4 u man, this could not be possible rn if it weren't 4 u. cx now if u excuse me... i gotta get back to modding some stages lol

coolguy1745

Smash Rookie
I've had this problem before. To fix it, wait at the loading screen and wait a bit at the opening, then play. If it doesn't work, this is the only solution I know, and it works every time for me.

Top Bottom