• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M isn't loading, with or without home brew

Rainidy

Smash Rookie
I recently got homebrew on my old wii console, and tried to boot up project M, but the channel is not even showed in homebrew, ive also tried the hackless version. It still wont work, I need help!

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
I recently got homebrew on my old wii console, and tried to boot up project M, but the channel is not even showed in homebrew, ive also tried the hackless version. It still wont work, I need help!
Have you checked to make sure that the sd card isn't locked? If it isn't make sure in "sd card/ apps/ projectm/" the files are boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml.

if it doesn't load in the hackless method than the sd card is probably either locked or not formatted correctly. If it isn't locked format the SD card to fat32 with 32KB allocation size

Edit: Make sure that cios is installed correctly before using any homebrew apps! Your cios installation needs to be:

d2x v10-beta52 or v8-final
slot 249
base 57
version 21008

These were the exact settings recommended by Cyan a programmer of USB Loader GX, and a global moderator on GBAtemp.net

Last edited:

Rainidy

Smash Rookie
The boot file is in ELF form instead of .dol, what should i do?

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
The boot file is in ELF form instead of .dol, what should i do?
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply I've had a busy day. :)

I forgot the project m homebrew is supposed to be .elf not .dol I'm used to .dol , sorry. Does the app show up in the homebrew channel now?

Edit: By default Smash Bros Brawl is only compatible with 2gb and under SD cards. Using the homebrew method should allow you to use a 32gb and under card, alternatively formatting an sd card that is higher than 2gb to be 2gb will allow it to work but isn't ideal as it doesn't allow you to use some storage space.

Edit 2: Just remembered I had a problem like this once where the homebrew channel was trying to load apps from the usb instead of the SD card. To fix this issue press 1 on a Wii remote or Y on a GC controller, this will bring up an menu with a bunch of options, scroll to the top and select the SD card option, after that scroll down and click okay. This will make any app on the sd card show up.

Last edited:

Rainidy

Smash Rookie
Oh I see, I'm guessing I'll have to get a new ad card because the one I'm using at the moment is a 1 GB. Thanks for the help!

FalcoBoi

Smash Rookie
Your apps folder should look like this: SD/:apps/projectm/boot.elf meta.xml icon.png

EDIT: only if using homebrew

Last edited:

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
That's weird then, I still can't figure out what's wrong..
I also don't know whats going on. I've tried to do every thing I can to help you and I'm sorry I haven't been able to help you! At this point it might (possibly) be an issue with your sd card slot. Again, I'm sorry I haven't been able to help! :)

Rainidy

Smash Rookie
Ok so I got project m working, but whenever I get to the startup screen and press play it just sends me straight back to the wii menu. What do I do?

Narpas_sword

usually a symptom of the disc taking too long to read

The wii has a dodgy disc drive, and is prone to failure. This failure is especially the case in games that are dual layered (like brawl)

If the disc takes too long to read while the codes are being run, then the codes may think theres no disc available and fail.

making sure the disc is clean is a good step to take.
if the drive itself is buggered - i suggest moving away from optical media, and getting into USB loading. i have 4 wiis with broken drives and having games on USB is a great improvement.

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
Definitely! It's much easier, faster, and convenient to USB Load. All of your games are available to you with out disk swapping and, USB Loaders are not
region locked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom